What are your Spring Break plans?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
My daughter's Spring Break was around Easter when we lived in Virginia. Now that we are Florida, it is next week. I'm burning 40 hours of leave to go do a needed chore. Lily and I are flying up tomorrow morning, and she and I will return in a U-Haul with the balance of our possessions at the end of next week. Lots of loading and unloading. Good news is that it looks like we have our house sold and will close in a month or so. And at the end of April my wife will have fulfilled her contract with her hospital and will finally join us in the sunshine state.

What are you doing, if anything, for your Spring Break? Something more exciting than box stacker and long distance U-Haul driver, I hope.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we have a couple of trips planned for later in the year so we are staying put this year and doing atlanta stuff (hiking, museums, etc) each day with our daughter.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
In the north, we have this white stuff that falls to the ground on a pretty regular basis called snow. The only spring break we get is Good Friday for the entire state. Some school districts will take either the Thursday before Good Friday or the Monday after Easter as an extra day but that's it for a break. Personally, I'd like to have a week off but that's above my pay grade.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
we have a couple of trips planned for later in the year so we are staying put this year and doing atlanta stuff (hiking, museums, etc) each day with our daughter.
Sounds like fun. We likely won't do any long vacations the balance of the year. I've burned up almost all of my leave running back and forth to Virginia. And in my wife's profession, you set your vacation at the end of this year for all of next year. So, since she will be starting the new gig in six weeks, she'll get the leftovers and her time off will largely be random. My office is closed every other Monday, so we'll use a lot of the long weekends to take short trips this summer (probably several times to Disney/Universal, Savannah is not far away, various other beach communities, etc.) and maybe a couple of Bama games in the Fall.

But, next year .... it's party time.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Trying to save money this year...so no trips. Staycation for us. :) I am hoping for some good weather, so we can enjoy the outdoors and get some bike riding in.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
My sons HS baseball team is scheduled to play in the Gulf Coast Classic baseball tournament. It’s stretched from one end of Baldwin Co (first game is in Bay Minette) to the other (culminates in Gulf Shores).

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ok, this sucks. The contents of the storage unit are now in the UHaul, as is 90% of the household goods. It's always the super-fragile, oddly-shaped items that are last ones to get packed and loaded. I voted for just breaking them now and saving everyone the trouble. I've been out voted. Sucks. ;)

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ok, this sucks. The contents of the storage unit are now in the UHaul, as is 90% of the household goods. It's always the super-fragile, oddly-shaped items that are last ones to get packed and loaded. I voted for just breaking them now and saving everyone the trouble. I've been out voted. Sucks. ;)
have you tried going marie kondo on them

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Drove halfway down the East Coast yesterday. Unloaded everything into storage today. And, on top of that, after dropping off the UHaul, for the ride back to the house I got the biggest jerk of a Lyft driver. Suckiest. Spring. Break. Ever. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.