Game Thread: SEC Tournament: Alabama-Kentucky (6 pm tip on SECN) - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: SEC Tournament: Alabama-Kentucky (6 pm tip on SECN)

We had it to 6 and just like that it’s back to double digits.

But....as much crap as Kentucky as gotten away with on the inside, I’ll take being down 10 at half.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Why didn’t we hold for the final shot?
    Coaching?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Coaching?
    Yep
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American

Win or lose, I like our fight in the 1st half. The officials seemed to be betteer in the last 10 minutes of the half. We have a chance.

There's a ton of game left to play. I like the energy I'm seeing tonight - just secure the ball and continue with the tough D - and yeah - make your free throws!

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Win or lose, I like our fight in the 1st half. The officials seemed to be betteer in the last 10 minutes of the half. We have a chance.
    I've griped about the officiating, particularly under the basket, but I'd have to say that I've seen a lot of games called even more onesidedly for UK...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-American Tide Rev's Avatar

Have only been able to watch the final 5 minutes of the half and read all the comments to this point. Looks like the usual UK game where they do what they want without a call. You have to be physically and mentally tough to play through it. We are fundamentally weak to be able to handle it up to this point. We are only down by 10 so we need a perfect half to pull off the upset.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Observations:

KY moves the ball with purpose.

AL moves the ball in slo-mo with recklessness.

AL best / most effective lineup: Reese, Jones, Smith, Ingram, Hall but who plays point in that rotation?

KY has NINE blocks.

AL shooting 30% in 1H. How do we continuously not have ONE pure shooter who can light it up?

We can compete even with all that but then allow 10-0 runs in 2min.

Man this is frustrating to watch.
    Last edited by BamaNation; March 15th, 2019 at 07:10 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Observations:

KY moves the ball with purpose.

AL moves the ball in slo-mo with recklessness.

AL best / most effective lineup: Reese, Jones, Smith, Ingram, Hall but who plays point in that rotation?

KY has NINE blocks.

AL shooting 30% in 1H. How do we continuously not have ONE pure shooter who can light it up?

We can compete even with all that but then allow 10-0 runs in 2min.

Man this is frustrating to watch.
    Actually, Reese is the best spotup jump shooter and Dazon is right behind him. Other than that, UK has always had more pure shooters. It's obvious we have sloppy, careless practices, where errors are overlooked. Should be no surprise we do it in games...

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

"Some teams practice until they get it right. We practice until we don't get it wrong."

Then there is our BB team................
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I've griped about the officiating, particularly under the basket, but I'd have to say that I've seen a lot of games called even more onesidedly for UK...
    May have to take this back...

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    "Some teams practice until they get it right. We practice until we don't get it wrong."

Then there is our BB team................
    IDK what we're practicing on screens, but the result is not supposed to be that our shooter ends up double-teamed...