Game Thread: SEC Tournament: Alabama-Kentucky (6 pm tip on SECN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
At the beginning of the postgame thread, I'll post a little reminder of what game threads are supposed to be about. They're not about jumping into the middle and starting arguments with all your fellow members...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
We had it to 6 and just like that it’s back to double digits.

But....as much crap as Kentucky as gotten away with on the inside, I’ll take being down 10 at half.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Win or lose, I like our fight in the 1st half. The officials seemed to be betteer in the last 10 minutes of the half. We have a chance.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
There's a ton of game left to play. I like the energy I'm seeing tonight - just secure the ball and continue with the tough D - and yeah - make your free throws!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Win or lose, I like our fight in the 1st half. The officials seemed to be betteer in the last 10 minutes of the half. We have a chance.
I've griped about the officiating, particularly under the basket, but I'd have to say that I've seen a lot of games called even more onesidedly for UK...

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Have only been able to watch the final 5 minutes of the half and read all the comments to this point. Looks like the usual UK game where they do what they want without a call. You have to be physically and mentally tough to play through it. We are fundamentally weak to be able to handle it up to this point. We are only down by 10 so we need a perfect half to pull off the upset.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Observations:

KY moves the ball with purpose.

AL moves the ball in slo-mo with recklessness.

AL best / most effective lineup: Reese, Jones, Smith, Ingram, Hall but who plays point in that rotation?

KY has NINE blocks.

AL shooting 30% in 1H. How do we continuously not have ONE pure shooter who can light it up?

We can compete even with all that but then allow 10-0 runs in 2min.

Man this is frustrating to watch.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Observations:

KY moves the ball with purpose.

AL moves the ball in slo-mo with recklessness.

AL best / most effective lineup: Reese, Jones, Smith, Ingram, Hall but who plays point in that rotation?

KY has NINE blocks.

AL shooting 30% in 1H. How do we continuously not have ONE pure shooter who can light it up?

We can compete even with all that but then allow 10-0 runs in 2min.

Man this is frustrating to watch.
Actually, Reese is the best spotup jump shooter and Dazon is right behind him. Other than that, UK has always had more pure shooters. It's obvious we have sloppy, careless practices, where errors are overlooked. Should be no surprise we do it in games...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
We just aren’t smart. Everyone in the world knows that you can’t go under a screen set for Tyler Hero. I know that Mack has been coached to fit through or go over the top of it, as soon as it happened he waved for Riley to come in. I really think some of these guys are uncoachable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
IDK what we're practicing on screens, but the result is not supposed to be that our shooter ends up double-teamed...
What kills me is the number of times this season when we have a guy driving with the basketball and one of team mates gets in his way instead of getting spacing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.