Per Finebaum-Rift between Coach Saban and smart:link

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Kirby is perfectly suited for a program like UGA. They will eternally come up short, sometimes JUST short, as we have all seen and been grateful for. They are always a tough out, and having to play Alabama in two straight high stakes, national title on the line games, and coming up lame, just adds ONE MORE SCHOOL to the growing list of people who call themselves "rivals to Alabama". Frankly, it's getting old. And now that they have worked a deal to move the Auburn game in the schedule, they are clearly trying to position themselves for plenty of rest before potentially playing the Tide in Atlanta every season.
Both uga and the barn are looking for that extra edge...

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Agreed that Kirby is now the enemy. What did we expect him to do? Should he have found some magical way to purge his intimate knowledge of our recruiting? Should he not compete as hard as possible for recruits? This does not seem to be the same level of cheesy as Phatimus or the Barn feeding recruits rumors of NCAA santions or telling flat-out lies to scare recruits away. And if Kirby is truly making our third-tier recuits his first-tier recruits, we will continue to keep UGA under our thumb as long as he and Saban are in place ... problem solved - I suggest sending him a list of next years third-tier recruits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agreed that Kirby is now the enemy. What did we expect him to do? Should he have found some magical way to purge his intimate knowledge of our recruiting? Should he not compete as hard as possible for recruits? This does not seem to be the same level of cheesy as Phatimus or the Barn feeding recruits rumors of NCAA santions or telling flat-out lies to scare recruits away. And if Kirby is truly making our third-tier recuits his first-tier recruits, we will continue to keep UGA under our thumb as long as he and Saban are in place ... problem solved - I suggest sending him a list of next years third-tier recruits.
There have been several discussions (football and recruiting boards) detailing the crap Kirby has done.

He took a picture of Alabama’s recruiting board before he left with the sole purpose of using it against Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Saban is too classy to fill in all the details, but let’s say Kirby is slightly below Phil Fulmer in sliminess. I hope we put him on the unemployment line soon.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I’ve not ever been on the “Kirby is the heir apparent” bandwagon when he was here, and after talking to several defensive players from 2011-2016 I really started to be adamant against it. They basically said the outside opinions of Kirby and Pruitt are actually the opposite from what they really are. Kirby is the egotistical hothead that thinks he is God’s gift to football and Pruitt is the guy you want to run through a wall for.
While I understand the hostility, the problems that Pruitt caused at UGA are pretty massive.

Let's not forget that Pruitt was DC for FSU i n 2013 when FSU won the national championship. He immediately packed his bags and made a LATERAL move to be the DC at UGA. With no ties to UGA, why would you leave FSU?? looking back it may have been one of Pruitt's biggest mistakes, if he had stayed there he would have been a top candidate to take Jimbo's place. Still, the reason for his departure and making a lateral move after being the DC for the BCS championship team was due to hostility, being a hot head, etc.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/18/tennessee-jeremy-pruitt-georgia-mark-richt

Pruitt's time under Richt also had a lot of controversy.

I do not think it is much of a secret that Kirby and Pruitt did not get along well, also as evidence of kirby not keeping Pruitt on staff. Regardless, Pruitt has done a lot of moving around and each time there has been controversy and Pruitt has remained a common denominator

I am not here to try to defend Kirby in any hostility between him and Saban, I do believe they are cordial but I am sure there is some tension and probably rightfully so. I am not here to try to say that Kirby is better than saban or any other BS. I am just simply disagreeing with the Pruitt/Smart comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can understand how that someone may arrive at that conclusion... but truly follow Pruitts timeline and stories

take care, good luck in the west this season and hopefully Dawgs and Bama meet up in Atlanta

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
While I understand the hostility, the problems that Pruitt caused at UGA are pretty massive.

Let's not forget that Pruitt was DC for FSU i n 2013 when FSU won the national championship. He immediately packed his bags and made a LATERAL move to be the DC at UGA. With no ties to UGA, why would you leave FSU?? looking back it may have been one of Pruitt's biggest mistakes, if he had stayed there he would have been a top candidate to take Jimbo's place. Still, the reason for his departure and making a lateral move after being the DC for the BCS championship team was due to hostility, being a hot head, etc.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/18/tennessee-jeremy-pruitt-georgia-mark-richt

I do not think it is much of a secret that Kirby and Pruitt did not get along well, also as evidence of kirby not keeping Pruitt on staff. Regardless, Pruitt has done a lot of moving around and each time there has been controversy and Pruitt has remained a common denominator

I am not here to try to defend Kirby in any hostility between him and Saban, I do believe they are cordial but I am sure there is some tension and probably rightfully so. I am not here to try to say that Kirby is better than saban or any other BS. I am just simply disagreeing with the Pruitt/Smart comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can understand how that someone may arrive at that conclusion... but truly follow Pruitts timeline and stories

take care, good luck in the west this season and hopefully Dawgs and Bama meet up in Atlanta
Richt and Pruitt didn't get a long because they had different ideas of work ethic. Pruitts was one of a Nick Saban type ethic, working until he was done. Richt was a 9-5 guy, making sure he took all government holidays and a few trips to the pool. It wasn't a matter of Kirby keeping Pruitt on staff, Pruitt took a step up as the DC at Alabama.

AS far as the Kirby/Pruitt comparison.... Does Pruitt have someone on staff with the specific job of keeping their hotheaded coach off the field because he can't control his emotions on the sideline? I get a kick out of some of my UGA friends who absolutely love the guy that holds Smarts belt.. but then out of the otherside of their mouth the think Saban is a classless jerk for showing emotion on the sidelines. But I don't blame that on them, after 20 years with a mediocre coach they thought was the 2nd coming of Jesus, that literally had no emotions at all.... Id feel the same way lol

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
DawgByte's cousin?That's an awful lot of hostility to bring into a conversation on another Team's board. Good on you though, I see it's about beer-thirty time @ post time in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Kirby was asked about his relationship to Nick last week and he said they're still close. This seems to be more of an issue with Bama fans. On a purely personal level, I'd hope they're still friends given how much time they spent together. I know their wives were close too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kirby was asked about his relationship to Nick last week and he said they're still close. This seems to be more of an issue with Bama fans. On a purely personal level, I'd hope they're still friends given how much time they spent together. I know their wives were close too.
Maybe they are, but what is he expected to say? “Yeah... after I took a picture of his recruiting board to use against him, nick got mad and won’t talk to me.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Pruitt's problems at UGA were mostly due to him working with a coach that got lazy in his latter half of his tenure. They had nothing with him stabbing him in the back over recruits, and phoning it in during a national championship. Ill remind you that Pruitt gave one of his best performances in his last game at Alabama, and Kirby gave one of his worst. We probably don't win the 2015 title without gutsy play calls by CNS and Kiffin because they were constantly having to make up for Kirby's shortcomings.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm sure Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh are just great friends that buried the hatchet long ago because they shook hands and talk in better light in the media about each other after that Stanford incident.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Richt and Pruitt didn't get a long because they had different ideas of work ethic. Pruitts was one of a Nick Saban type ethic, working until he was done. Richt was a 9-5 guy, making sure he took all government holidays and a few trips to the pool. It wasn't a matter of Kirby keeping Pruitt on staff, Pruitt took a step up as the DC at Alabama.

AS far as the Kirby/Pruitt comparison.... Does Pruitt have someone on staff with the specific job of keeping their hotheaded coach off the field because he can't control his emotions on the sideline? I get a kick out of some of my UGA friends who absolutely love the guy that holds Smarts belt.. but then out of the otherside of their mouth the think Saban is a classless jerk for showing emotion on the sidelines. But I don't blame that on them, after 20 years with a mediocre coach they thought was the 2nd coming of Jesus, that literally had no emotions at all.... Id feel the same way lol
I can not argue with the reasons behind the Pruitt/Richt situation and Richts like of drive and motivation. Why do you think Pruitt left a national championship team to make a lateral move to UGA from FSU?

As far as intensity goes.... I do not mind Sabans blunt approach on camera or intensity on the sideline and after having a coach like Richt who showed no emotion it is nice to have someone like Kirby who does show emotion during a game. Personally, I want a coach who cares about their program, does not cheat in the process, is not involved in scandals... and of course, wins games. As of right now Kirby is winning more games than ever before in UGA history, even if we do continue to come up shot hahaha. Right now Kirby is not involved in any scandals/cheating. I understand all this is subject to change. I am very happy with Kirby as our coach. I have all the respect in the world for Saban and honestly couldn't think of one negative thing to say about him and if I was an Alabama fan would love having him.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I don't mind the intensity from Saban, Pruitt or Kirby and its not hard to see where it could be hard for those types of people to get along... too many chiefs and not enough indians. TN, UGA and Alabama all seem happy with their coaches right now

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
About that...

Richt's first three seasons at UGA: 32-8 (0.800 ) includes 1 division title, 1 conference title
Smart's first three seasons at UGA: 32-10 (0.761) includes 1 division title, 1 conference title
11 wins in the regular season for UGA: 2018, 2017, 2012, 2002..... 1982

UGA going undefeated in the SEC east: 2018, 2017.... never before. I understand the "weak east" comments, but last year the east finished 9-6 against the west with 3 western victories coming from Alabama of course.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don't mind the intensity from Saban, Pruitt or Kirby and its not hard to see where it could be hard for those types of people to get along... too many chiefs and not enough indians. TN, UGA and Alabama all seem happy with their coaches right now
Yep, and I’m pretty happy with Georgia’s coach right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.