Per Finebaum-Rift between Coach Saban and smart:link

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
These stats look great on UGA boards...Thanks.
11 wins in the regular season for UGA: 2018, 2017, 2012, 2002..... 1982

UGA going undefeated in the SEC east: 2018, 2017.... never before. I understand the "weak east" comments, but last year the east finished 9-6 against the west with 3 western victories coming from Alabama of course.

RWTT11

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2016
Indian Trail, NC
I can tell you right now him leaving FSU had nothing to do with him being a hot head. Not sure who told you this or if you like most GA fans I know, just made it up. I have no Idea what transpired at GA nor do I care. Just be careful posting BS on a rivals board without being able to prove it.

While I understand the hostility, the problems that Pruitt caused at UGA are pretty massive.

Let's not forget that Pruitt was DC for FSU i n 2013 when FSU won the national championship. He immediately packed his bags and made a LATERAL move to be the DC at UGA. With no ties to UGA, why would you leave FSU?? looking back it may have been one of Pruitt's biggest mistakes, if he had stayed there he would have been a top candidate to take Jimbo's place. Still, the reason for his departure and making a lateral move after being the DC for the BCS championship team was due to hostility, being a hot head, etc.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/18/tennessee-jeremy-pruitt-georgia-mark-richt

Pruitt's time under Richt also had a lot of controversy.

I do not think it is much of a secret that Kirby and Pruitt did not get along well, also as evidence of kirby not keeping Pruitt on staff. Regardless, Pruitt has done a lot of moving around and each time there has been controversy and Pruitt has remained a common denominator

I am not here to try to defend Kirby in any hostility between him and Saban, I do believe they are cordial but I am sure there is some tension and probably rightfully so. I am not here to try to say that Kirby is better than saban or any other BS. I am just simply disagreeing with the Pruitt/Smart comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can understand how that someone may arrive at that conclusion... but truly follow Pruitts timeline and stories

take care, good luck in the west this season and hopefully Dawgs and Bama meet up in Atlanta

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I’m not surprised. Kirby can now be himself now that Savanna is no longer his boss. True colors have been shown to all.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Regarding any sort of "rift" between coaches. Keep in mind public figures are taught and ultimately learn to keep certain things "private" even if it means putting out a much different public perception of how they feel or the reality of the situation. I highly doubt either Smart or Saban would publicly say or even allude to a "rift" even if there was one. So regardless if either coach explicitly denies a rift. It doesn't mean there isn't one.

I hate to always keep referring to youth league sports but right now this is my life. But on a much, much smaller scale there are several scenarios at our youth league organization in which there are board members who cannot stand one another. But when they are in public or on social media. They appear to be the best of friends. The director and assistant director publicly look like the best of buds. But privately (and I know this for a fact) they can't stand each other and bad mouth each other.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.