Link: 10 biggest games in 2019 that will impact next season's CFB Playoff

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
10 biggest games in 2019 that will impact next season's CFB Playoff (per @NCAA):

Florida vs Miami

Auburn vs Oregon

Texas A&M @ Clemson

LSU @ Texas

Notre Dame @ Georgia

Oklahoma vs Texas

Notre Dame @ Michigan

Alabama @ Texas A&M

Georgia vs Florida

Ohio St @ Michigan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
10 biggest games in 2019 that will impact next season's CFB Playoff (per @NCAA):

Florida vs Miami: meh I think Miami is an eternity away, Florida is about 2-4 years away. All this probably does is determine Ws and Ls for both teams

Auburn vs Oregon: Interesting, but I don't think either will do much

Texas A&M @ Clemson: I think aTm is heading for a 4- 5 loss season even if they pull the upset

LSU @ Texas: This is a definite yes

Notre Dame @ Georgia: Notre Dame will limp in and crawl out so I don't see this one

Oklahoma vs Texas: Yes

Notre Dame @ Michigan: I think all this will determine is if Michigan has a shot. So kinda

Alabama @ Texas A&M: Bama will blow by them so I get the feeling everyone is playing up aTm here. No

Georgia vs Florida: Yes it will determine the east

Ohio St @ Michigan: always

I think the only definites are:

Bama-LSU
LSU- Texas
OU-Texas
tOSU- Mich
UGA- UF
Florida- UGA

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I don't think Texas A&M @ Clemson will have any significance at all. Even with a loss to A&M a 1-loss Clemson will be in the playoff. Texas A&M will never make the playoff with their schedule. They have Clemson, Auburn, Alabama and finish the season @Georgia and @LSU.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
1. The Clemson vs TAMU game will not be as close as last year at College Station. Clemson by 14+ points.
2. Florida vs Miami, who cares, it means nothing.
3. Auburn handily beats Oregon.
4. Texas beats LSU in a rather close game.
5. UGA rolls over ND by 17 points.
6. OU vs Texas has the potential of being the best game of the year. Right now think Texas wins in a shoot out.
7. Alabama vs TAMU, could be a white knuckler, TAMU in an upset.
8. UF vs UGA to decide the East, believe UGA wins again.
9. TOSU vs Michigan, outside of Ohio and Michigan nobody cares. Thinking Jimbo finally gets Brutus.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Florida vs Miami - not

Auburn vs Oregon - it's only an elimination game for Oregon; an Auburn loss won't matter if they run the table. They won't but still.

Texas A&M @ Clemson - if Clemson loses only this game, they'll be ACC champs and in the playoff

LSU @ Texas - if Texas really is "back" then I agree

Notre Dame @ Georgia - yeah

Oklahoma vs Texas - yeah

Notre Dame @ Michigan - potentially yeah.....maybe not

Alabama @ Texas A&M - no, because when ATM loses to Clemson and down the stretch, this won't matter

Georgia vs Florida - possibly, perhaps, maybe

Ohio St @ Michigan - see Georgia/Florida for my thoughts

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't think Texas A&M @ Clemson will have any significance at all. Even with a loss to A&M a 1-loss Clemson will be in the playoff. Texas A&M will never make the playoff with their schedule. They have Clemson, Auburn, Alabama and finish the season @Georgia and @LSU.
ATM/Clemson will only matter if:
a) Clemson loses AND loses a 2nd time
b) ATM wins AND beats Alabama
c) ATM loses close but runs the table

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
1. The Clemson vs TAMU game will not be as close as last year at College Station. Clemson by 14+ points.
7. Alabama vs TAMU, could be a white knuckler, TAMU in an upset.
In mid-season form already. :biggrin:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Bama vs. Auburn for sure. I honestly think we could lose to TAMU, win out, and still possibly get in. Doesn’t Nick have only a .500 winning percentage at JHS? By the numbers and if you follow the trend lines, this game WILL BE the highest hurdle that we have to clear in the regular season.

And yes, we are 3-3 at JHS under Nick.

Last edited:

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Not sure that Clemson is a lock if they lose to TA&M. SEC Champ, Notre Dame, B1G Champ (if OSU they won't get left out again), OU/Texas Winner as conf champ could keep them out with their schedule. Especially if A&M wins and then loses 2-3 in the SEC. Maybe an undefeated Oregon has an argument.

That said, some of those other games could be really important.
LSU - A&M
Notre Dame - UM
UM - OSU
AU - Oregon
Any of the SEC games that determine the SEC champ.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Why on earth would anyone expect the Florida vs. Miami game to be important to anyone outside of the state of Florida? Miami isn't going to be worth a flip next season. Florida should win this game easily. Florida should be pretty good in season two under Mullin, but it would be a stretch to expect them in the playoff. This game shouldn't be on this list.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.