Game Thread: NIT Round 1 - Alabama Norfolk State (6pm on ESPNU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Aside from the Alex Reese show.................

What a horrible display. Can't pass, can't out-rebound a smaller team, poor defense, blessed with a wider lane and they still can't drive to the rim.

Yet, we're still watching. Dedication or masochism. Not sure which one it is.
Yep. Without his Reggie Miller impression we are almost certainly down at the half for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I know a team rarely gets hot at the same time, but this team never does it. If they ever did, the team would be unreal.

You’re right. Even during this explosion the other players were watching

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Outside of the 90 second outburst from Reese, that was a horrible display of effort. The players clearly wanted this game less than I did. The roster needs pruning and send the head cases packing. That was pitiful ! Some of those guys, in what could be their last home game, won't even break a sweat this game. Just pitiful !

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Reese wants to be a shooting guard so badly, he can't stand it. He wants no part of the post. He should've put some books on his head in high school.

It's great to see an outburst like that. He's a zone killer with that shot, but won't hit many contested jumpers with such a low shot trajectory.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Pretty simple concept I learned on the driveways and playground - if a guy can't catch, then he's never open. Never. Don't throw it to him when he is never ready to catch it. Just don't.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Why do we even bother posting up our bigs? It’s basically a waste of a possession. Let them clean up the trash around the rim or dish it to them off the dribble drive. Honestly, Dazon is actually probably the best we have at posting up.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
34 games into the season and the zone defense stills looks like a super secret we can’t figure out. A little defensive intensity stretches the lead to 40-30.

The youngest player to play this year leads us in scoring, assists, and free throw shooting. Let that sink in.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Reese wants to be a shooting guard so badly, he can't stand it. He wants no part of the post. He should've put some books on his head in high school.

It's great to see an outburst like that. He's a zone killer with that shot, but won't hit many contested jumpers with such a low shot trajectory.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Even so, it takes a tall guy to block him at 6'10"...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
34 games into the season and the zone defense stills looks like a super secret we can’t figure out. A little defensive intensity stretches the lead to 40-30.

The youngest player to play this year leads us in scoring, assists, and free throw shooting. Let that sink in.

And in less than 3 minutes we blow that lead! I know basketball is a game of runs, but when we get any kind of lead we completely lose our intensity on Defense. It’s very frustrating.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If not for the 14-0 by Reese we’re getting blown out. Kind of embarrassing considering we were favored by 18.5!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

What's sunk in is that it's CAJ's last HC job, ever...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
What's sunk in is that it's CAJ's last HC job, ever...
I love CAJ and I really wanted him to work out. He is a great person and has done a great job promoting the program which is something I cannot say about the previous coach. But his coaching ability is lacking and that has been painfully obvious too often the past 2 years especially.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sitting in a hospital room while waiting on my wife to go into labor. Had to turn it off because it was just getting ridiculously sloppy.

Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.