Game Thread: NIT Round 1 - Alabama Norfolk State (6pm on ESPNU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Looks like the Richmond game in the opening round of the NIT a few years back in which one team just wants to be here a little more facing a far more talented team.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, I really hope we can pull this game out, but I'm wondering if we had already mentally folded the tents before the game ever started. Of course, I also thought we had folded the tents about 8 games back. I just can't figure out the ups and downs of this team.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
He gets pushed out every time he tries to post. He hasn't put on any weight over the years to combat against it.
I've observed this as well. It's certainly nothing personally derogatory, but Donta's physique hasn't changed at all from freshman year. He naturally doesn't have a broad build up top, but his deltoids, biceps/triceps would have reacted to a good work out and training program.
The only players I've seen develop physically in the last few years have been Galin, Dazon and Riley.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
We may win this game, but we’ve lost where it matters. Had that layup fallen, it would have been the most fitting way we could have lost. 3 guys in the paint, and we still give up the rebound because no one boxed out or made an effort.

Every game we’ve lost this year can be traced back to poor effort, and blaring deficiencies in the most basic fundamentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't typically expect much from us in the NIT because for a team like Alabama NIT translates to Not In the Tourney, but losing opening round is beyond embarrassing. Just win and mope later. Come on Win at home just to go out on a high note. Anthony atleast did that much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.