Game Thread: NIT Round 1 - Alabama Norfolk State (6pm on ESPNU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
RTR! I’m very intrigued in these experimental rules. I think the widening of the lane really helps us out. Should naturally space the floor a little more for us to get to the rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The wizards in the western desert are right more than they are wrong, but a 16 point favorite sounds high for a team that that is clearly struggling. My hope is we get to Madison Square Garden and win it so we can build momentum going into next year.
My guess is that we win by 30 or lose by 1

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
RTR! I’m very intrigued in these experimental rules. I think the widening of the lane really helps us out. Should naturally space the floor a little more for us to get to the rim.

I wonder if we had to pay to have the floor realigned for the NIT.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
I wonder if we had to pay to have the floor realigned for the NIT.

I’m sure that we did, but it really isn’t a major deal. You are just adding an additional 3 point line, and lines for a widened lane. Shouldn’t be too bad.

I actually hope that we adopt almost everyone of these rule changes. I at least hope that we go to the widened lane.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I’m sure that we did, but it really isn’t a major deal. You are just adding an additional 3 point line, and lines for a widened lane. Shouldn’t be too bad.

I actually hope that we adopt almost everyone of these rule changes. I at least hope that we go to the widened lane.
I like the rules as well. The widened lane doesn't stop the defenders from occupying the lane but it should, as you mentioned earlier, naturally force the defenders out to follow the players they are covering.

Also, Bama will not miss the front end of a one-and-one at the free throw line with all bonus fouls being 2-shot opportunities...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
I’m sorry, but that’s when you know that there is zero discipline in this program. Herb let the guy go by him on purpose to try to block his shot. That’s inexcusable from any player.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I’m sorry, but that’s when you know that there is zero discipline in this program. Herb let the guy go by him on purpose to try to block his shot. That’s inexcusable from any player.

Well, I'm hearing CAJ is gone. Let's see if I'm right. If so, we'll see much of AJJ tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.