Potpourri related to politics... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Potpourri related to politics...

Jennifer Lawrence and Adele surprise crowd at New York City gay bar

Patrons of the New York City gay bar Pieces were in for the surprise of their lives Friday night when superstars Jennifer Lawrence and Adele dropped by. Adele even took the stage at one point, but she wasn't belting out "Hello."
    The stars appear to have shocked customers at the Greenwich Village bar once they were discovered, with many taking to Twitter to express their excitement. User Al_Craze tweeted, "I just partied with Jennifer Lawrence and Adele.... I am speechless."
    The stars met at the 2013 Oscars, where Adele won best original song for "Skyfall" from the James Bond movie's soundtrack, reports ET. Lawrence took the award for best actress for "Silver Linings Playbook"that night.
    Lawrence is starring in the upcoming Marvel flick "Dark Phoenix" as Mystique later this year. Adele's record-breaking third album, "25," was released in 2015, but she has remained relatively removed from the spotlight since.
    The political component is the thread started by Crimson Audio with Jennifer Lawrence and how important (I think anyway) having pop culture involved in our political industry, if that makes any sense.
    Here is that video again:

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post

Jennifer Lawrence and Adele surprise crowd at New York City gay bar

The political component is the thread started by Crimson Audio with Jennifer Lawrence and how important (I think anyway) having pop culture involved in our political industry, if that makes any sense.
    Here is that video again:

I think she was at her most endearing when she showed up on Colbert's show and proceeded to get smashed. It was obviously planned. He already had a bottle handy. At one point, she turned towards the cameras and said "All my nephews and nieces back in Kentucky are going to say 'Aunt Jen's drunk.'" I remember hoping she had a DD...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think she was at her most endearing when she showed up on Colbert's show and proceeded to get smashed. It was obviously planned. He already had a bottle handy. At one point, she turned towards the cameras and said "All my nephews and nieces back in Kentucky are going to say 'Aunt Jen's drunk.'" I remember hoping she had a DD...
    I'm a big fan of hers. Here it is......

I'm a big fan of hers. Here it is......

BTW, on the NSNP board, I spelled out an incident in Norway which decided me that I wouldn't return without knowing Norwegian...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BTW, on the NSNP board, I spelled out an incident in Norway which decided me that I wouldn't return without knowing Norwegian...
    Ok will check it out.

Meanwhile.....part II from that Colbert/Lawrence segment:

He always has bottles ready behind his desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    He always has bottles ready behind his desk.
    Sure, but this was obviously planned from the get-go. Look again...

We could probably have an entire thread devoted to this single subject but for now I will just make this a single post with video commentary, that IMHO has much relevance to today's world.

Before viewing the video, here are a few of the comments - posted in the video comments section:

• This is just sad coming from a 21 year old. Narcissism is alive and well with those around me.
    • Your so right Bill. These kids dont even know how to enjoy the music too busy on damn phone. INSANE. Whole point of music is to LOSE YOURSELF IN THE MUSIC
    • I’m a 20 year old college student and I couldn’t agree with you more Bill

why would anyone under 50 be attending a fleetwood mac concert?

and why would anyone of any age care one whit about what bill o'reilly thinks about anything?
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    why would anyone under 50 be attending a fleetwood mac concert?

and why would anyone of any age care one whit about what bill o'reilly thinks about anything?
    Here are just two comments from this video - I'm sure there are many "kids" who enjoy good music. Obviously you didn't take that into consideration.

I'm 14 years old, I'm from Holland and this is one of my favo bands!! This is a band of all times!! I LOVE them!!

I'm 5 years old and I listen to The Beatles and Pink Floyd!

As for your second question - for that particular Bill O'Reilly video - looks like 38,598 views, 1.7K likes, and 75 dislikes.

"Old dog - new tricks"

Here are just two comments from this video - I'm sure there are many "kids" who enjoy good music. Obviously you didn't take that into consideration.

As for your second question - for that particular Bill O'Reilly video - looks like 38,598 views, 1.7K likes, and 75 dislikes.

i am not at all surprised that you are swayed by you tube comments of a 14 and 5 year old.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

here is another old man yelling at clouds video you may like bazza. and this one got over 700k views. i haven't checked, but i bet the comments have a lot of young folks thinking this is awesome.

- George Orwell

Thomas Pynchon