Potpourri related to politics...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Brianna Marie Keilar (born September 21, 1980) is the senior political correspondent and anchor for CNN in the Washington, D.C. bureau.
Keilar was born in Canberra, ACT, Australia. Her father Glenn is Australian, and her mother Miriam was American. The Keilars were stationed in Australia at the time of Brianna's birth. In 1982, Keilar and her family moved to the United States and settled in Orange County, California. Keilar graduated from Mission Viejo High School in 1998, where she was voted homecoming queen in her senior year. Keilar graduated in 2001 from the University of California, Berkeley, where she was admitted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She received her dual bachelor's degrees in Mass Communications and Psychology in 2001.
[SUP]In July 2016, Keilar announced that she was engaged to Fernando Lujan, a director on the National Security Council at the White House. During CNN's New Year's Eve special on December 31, 2016, Brooke Baldwin announced that Keilar and Lujan had married the previous evening in Las Vegas. She gave birth to a baby boy named Antonio on June 8, 2018.

[/SUP]
[SUP]Lujan is a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Special Forces.

Canberra:
[/SUP]

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
  • Haha
Reactions: seebell and Go Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Brianna Marie Keilar (born September 21, 1980) is the senior political correspondent and anchor for CNN in the Washington, D.C. bureau.
Keilar was born in Canberra, ACT, Australia. Her father Glenn is Australian, and her mother Miriam was American. The Keilars were stationed in Australia at the time of Brianna's birth. In 1982, Keilar and her family moved to the United States and settled in Orange County, California. Keilar graduated from Mission Viejo High School in 1998, where she was voted homecoming queen in her senior year. Keilar graduated in 2001 from the University of California, Berkeley, where she was admitted into the Phi Beta Kappa Society. She received her dual bachelor's degrees in Mass Communications and Psychology in 2001.
[SUP]In July 2016, Keilar announced that she was engaged to Fernando Lujan, a director on the National Security Council at the White House. During CNN's New Year's Eve special on December 31, 2016, Brooke Baldwin announced that Keilar and Lujan had married the previous evening in Las Vegas. She gave birth to a baby boy named Antonio on June 8, 2018.

[/SUP]
[SUP]Lujan is a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army Special Forces.

Canberra:
[/SUP]
I like her but I liked her a lot more 40 lb lighter. I think it's affected the air time she gets...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I like her but I liked her a lot more 40 lb lighter. I think it's affected the air time she gets...
I wonder if her weight gain was related to her pregnancy. At any rate - she's still easy to listen to and does a good job. I thought her bio was interesting, which is why I shared it here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I wonder if her weight gain was related to her pregnancy. At any rate - she's still easy to listen to and does a good job. I thought her bio was interesting, which is why I shared it here.
The weight gain has progressed long after her child was born. She's fortunate in being one of those people whose weight doesn't show in the face that much. Probably the stress of her husband's being deployed has more to do with it than pregnancy...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
The weight gain has progressed long after her child was born. She's fortunate in being one of those people whose weight doesn't show in the face that much. Probably the stress of her husband's being deployed has more to do with it than pregnancy...
Wow - you've really kept up with her weight situation - I'm impressed! :p

She still looks like she'd be a fun date. Not while married of course.....especially to an Special Forces Lt. Colonel!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence and Adele surprise crowd at New York City gay bar

Patrons of the New York City gay bar Pieces were in for the surprise of their lives Friday night when superstars Jennifer Lawrence and Adele dropped by. Adele even took the stage at one point, but she wasn't belting out "Hello."
The stars appear to have shocked customers at the Greenwich Village bar once they were discovered, with many taking to Twitter to express their excitement. User Al_Craze tweeted, "I just partied with Jennifer Lawrence and Adele.... I am speechless."
The stars met at the 2013 Oscars, where Adele won best original song for "Skyfall" from the James Bond movie's soundtrack, reports ET. Lawrence took the award for best actress for "Silver Linings Playbook"that night.
Lawrence is starring in the upcoming Marvel flick "Dark Phoenix" as Mystique later this year. Adele's record-breaking third album, "25," was released in 2015, but she has remained relatively removed from the spotlight since.
The political component is the thread started by Crimson Audio with Jennifer Lawrence and how important (I think anyway) having pop culture involved in our political industry, if that makes any sense.
Here is that video again:

[video=youtube;TfQij4aQq1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=TfQij4aQq1k[/video]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Jennifer Lawrence and Adele surprise crowd at New York City gay bar

The political component is the thread started by Crimson Audio with Jennifer Lawrence and how important (I think anyway) having pop culture involved in our political industry, if that makes any sense.
Here is that video again:

[video=youtube;TfQij4aQq1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=TfQij4aQq1k[/video]
I think she was at her most endearing when she showed up on Colbert's show and proceeded to get smashed. It was obviously planned. He already had a bottle handy. At one point, she turned towards the cameras and said "All my nephews and nieces back in Kentucky are going to say 'Aunt Jen's drunk.'" I remember hoping she had a DD... :)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I think she was at her most endearing when she showed up on Colbert's show and proceeded to get smashed. It was obviously planned. He already had a bottle handy. At one point, she turned towards the cameras and said "All my nephews and nieces back in Kentucky are going to say 'Aunt Jen's drunk.'" I remember hoping she had a DD... :)
I'm a big fan of hers. Here it is......

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
He always has bottles ready behind his desk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.