Link: Florida man strikes again...

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
‘Florida Man’ Jokes Are an Excuse to Laugh at the Poor

“Another tedious, liberal, PC scold,” you may think as you read the headline for this piece. “Why can’t we just have fun and enjoy a hilarious meme in peace?” Well, you can enjoy “Florida man” all you want, but by any objective metric, it’s worth noting that “Florida man” memes—just like all “dumb criminal” or “weird crime” stories—are little more than a socially acceptable way of gawking at and belittling the dispossessed and indigent.
I am not sure I completely buy into what he is selling, but it's worth considering.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's funny how often people, upon finding out I grew up in Florida (Orlando), ask me how much I miss it. I don't. Not one bit. I've literally not been back to Central FL since I moved away in '96 and have zero intention of doing so.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It's funny how often people, upon finding out I grew up in Florida (Orlando), ask me how much I miss it. I don't. Not one bit. I've literally not been back to Central FL since I moved away in '96 and have zero intention of doing so.
The key word there is Central Florida, IMHO. I avoid Orlando like the plague! And it's not necessarily because I have a bias against all the people who come here for our beach and totally clog everything up - that's bad enough. It's just the traffic over there along with the number of derelicts.

And for those two exact reasons, I don't travel north to Daytona Beach any more than I have to either!

For many who live in colder climates, Florida is a refuge....and for that reason alone....it's a great place to live.

The winters here are really the best time of year to be here too. As long as you don't mind all the snow birds! :mad:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.