Politics: Red state blues

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Louisiana is the second poorest state in the country. It gets more federal money than it pays in taxes. It has exceptionally high rates of some cancers (some rare), and the I-10 bridge in Westlake was just reported to be in danger of collapse in the near future - something to do with water contamination so corrosive it’s destroying the concrete (I think); and they can’t fix it because of said contamination.
Yet they remain a red state - ignorant to the end. It was really sad watching the interviews with some of those people - they are scary stupid. These aren’t uneducated hunters/trappers/shrimpers either; these people had white collar jobs. They said “cancer is in every state”, and yeah the oil/petrochemical industries may have polluted a little, but they brought jobs.
Interviewed an elderly couple who live on a bayou off of the Calcasieu, and nothing lives - no birds, frogs, fish, gators, even the cypress trees are dead.
And they think Trump is going to help them.
I spent many years in southern Louisiana, from Des Allemands to Cameron and all ports in between, and I can say I saw this coming. Some of the most ignorant “educated” people I’ve ever met. They sold their souls to the oil industry and got a toxic waste dump in return.
The “uneducated “ ones were smarter, but they resigned themselves to their fate because that’s the only life they’ve ever known. They saw what was happening, though.
Sportsman’s Paradise has become Sportsman’s Wasteland.
I no longer eat any seafood that I know comes from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Meh......I take a look at Maryland and Illinois and cringe thinking about the same thing with their blue leanings.

Take a look at Illinois, (feel free to go to whatever site you want that publishes the info). According to Mercatus, the Prairie State doesn't have enough cash to cover short-term obligations. Its revenues only cover 92% of expenses. The state has long-term liabilities more than 3x as large as its total assets. Illinois' unfunded pension liability was almost $446 billion in 2016. That's equal to 67% of the state's total personal income.

Maryland....that states in a race to poverty despite its incredible harbor set up (both seafood and shipping).

Cherry picker picks cherries.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.