News Article: Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Federal Investigations into Trump
- Obstruction of justice and/or foreign conspiracy (scope unclear, Special Counsel Mueller) -- now complete, pending release of conclusions
- Campaign finance violations around hush money payments (SDNY)
- Misuse of inaugural committee funds (US Attorneys in NY, CA, D.C.)

Congressional Inquiries into Trump
- Russia conspiracy and obstruction of justice inquiries (House)
- Security clearance mishandling (House)
- Trump tax return disclosure (House)

State Investigations into Trump
- Illegal misuse of tax-exempt status from Trump Organization (NY)
- State tax fraud from Trump Organization and Trump family (NY)
- Trump bank fraud from inflating/deflating real estate value (NY)

Current Lawsuits involving Trump
- Defamation civil suit with Summer Zevros
- Emoluments lawsuit from Maryland and D.C. AGs
- Michael Cohen legal fee lawsuit

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
For the record, Richard Nixon was never indicted on any charge at any time.

There was no evidence that Nixon ordered the break in to the Watergate hotel room.

The attempted cover up is what got him into the situation that lead to his resignation.

I give him credit for resigning.

I'd advise anyone hoping Trump does the same to hope Pence pulls an Agnew.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It’s always funny to me that the “no Russian collusion” parrots always forget that Donald Trump Jr posted proof of it 2 years ago on Twitter.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Nothing personal, but do you really understand what "obstruction" would be, when the Chief Executive is involved?

What I want to know is when they are going to investigate lying to the FISA court. Not once, but twice. And showing up a third time, with manufactured BS, based around them spreading the BS, to the lamestream media, and using that as evidence of the lies told the first 2 times.

That kind of crap should scare everyone. But, since the gubbament did that to Drumpf, y'all are ok with it.
You must be new here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
There has been little to nothing in it shown to be fiction. If that's your take you aren't paying attention https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/dossier-two-years-later/index.html
I'm familiar with that article from earlier this year. And in familiar with the contact started in the dossier never said if it was related to commercial enterprises, lunch with old friends, govt overtures, election rigging, etc when it came to 16 of those contacts.

As such, aren't are waiting for these literally dozen or so charges/convictions?

The article even states, "Russia tried to influence our election." Yup, that's a thing. If you didn't know that was happening already in nearly every major world election, and that our country was one of if not THE leader in manipulation through dis-establishment, then there's nothing I can do to help except point you to your local libraries history section. From before Cuba, Iraq, Saudi, to the last Israel election. And this isn't conspiracy theory. This is what powerful govts do. If you can't find mainstream sourced info on this it's because you don't want to.

The Russians just did a better job than we have and we're apparently angry because someone did it to us. And how did they accomplish this Orwellian feat? Americans stupidity and love affair with Facebook.

Second, check out the image below. Wasn't this one of the biggest issues people were interested in, despite it saying trump turned it down?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
It’s always funny to me that the “no Russian collusion” parrots always forget that Donald Trump Jr posted proof of it 2 years ago on Twitter.
There is no doubt in anyone’s mind that Junior’s meeting (with related email documentation) with JK, Manafort and the Russians met the threshold of conspiracy; read the law against working with foreigners during an election campaign and if you come to any other conclusion you simply can’t understand English, or don’t want to.
The question is: why no indictment? Was Junior actually working in an “official” capacity for the campaign? Was JK? We know Manafort was (not sure of the timing here). Or was it simply none of them were “aware” they were breaking the law (similar to Comey’s reasoning with Hillary’s emails? (Go back and listen to his press conference where he recommends not pressing any charges against her, if you’re wondering.)
Or was there just an unwillingness to indict members of the First Family? We know there would have been a pardon, if he/they had been indicted, but that shouldn’t be a reason not to indict.
I guess we’ll know soon. I sure hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
right? so we some small detail the Dossier got wrong. Turns out Trump was lying about the tower deal as Moscows attempt to pull him closer worked. Steele should be ashamed of missing that

lol
Not what I'm saying at all. I prefer justice above just about anything else. I don't give two craps about my side vs your side. Your feelings and my preferences be damned. I like to see the same set of rules applied and exceptions not made. If these things were done and it's proven, full prosecution.

At the same time, I've been assured of lynchings on the rose garden ever since the Steele dossier.....and then here comes the muellar report. And while not over, I think people are outright lying if they say their hopes of trump removal from office weren't directly tied to charges/indictments FROM Muller. And the fact he said he wasn't bringing any was a ton of bricks.

And despite how I sound, let me remind people that I didn't vote for the President. So my dog in this hunt is the one that's sick of the left and right and just how disgusting the two extremes parts on both sides have taken over the bullhorn.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Not what I'm saying at all. I prefer justice above just about anything else. I don't give two craps about my side vs your side. Your feelings and my preferences be damned. I like to see the same set of rules applied and exceptions not made. If these things were done and it's proven, full prosecution.

At the same time, I've been assured of lynchings on the rose garden ever since the Steele dossier.....and then here comes the muellar report. And while not over, I think people are outright lying if they say their hopes of trump removal from office weren't directly tied to charges/indictments FROM Muller. And the fact he said he wasn't bringing any was a ton of bricks.

And despite how I sound, let me remind people that I didn't vote for the President. So my dog in this hunt is the one that's sick of the left and right and just how disgusting the two extremes parts on both sides have taken over the bullhorn.

and yet we've known from the very very beginning that "Justice Department Policy does not allow for Indicting a sitting President" so why did anyone think Mueller would indict Trump? I certainly didn't. Sure I would have loved to see it but we always knew that it wouldn't happen.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Most of this thread boils down to people who like DJT saying “Ohhh got you, you dumb Democrats. We told you our guy is NOT a traitor!”

The fact that was even even in the social conversation is already a failing. I guess if you think it’s all manufactured, it wasn’t going to matter anyway, but gloating is fun I guess.

I’m just interested to see why people seem to believe that this gives DJT some legal clean bill of health. He is still implicated in campaign finance fraud, his entire family is using non-government email, and don’t forget the various obstruction cases that are currently underway.

Is it the belief that with wind taken out of the sails of the most well known investigation, public opinion will turn against the investigators, in support of the embattled poor civil servant DJT? Or is it more along the lines that the only investigation with real potential teeth WRT impeachment proceedings has fallen by the wayside given the Republican control of the Senate?

Edit:
i almost forgot. What is with the line of thought that this investigation was a waste of time? It handed out indictments against Americans who were working with foreign powers to enrich themselves. No matter your political leaning, that has got to be a positive outcome, that definitely is not a waste of time. Right?

Last edited:

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Lol And here I thought this thread was going to be about the Mueller Report, but what I got was Trumpers vs “Moral” Americans bickering about How Great America has been these past 2 years.
Moral Americans. LOL, LOL, and LOL again.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
And the fact he said he wasn't bringing any was a ton of bricks.
As far as I'm aware Mueller hasn't said anything. The report may recommend indictments or other actions. We also don't know that yet. By all reports Mueller is a by the book person. If he felt that his mandate was only to investigate and report then the previous indictments (Manafort/Flynn/etc) may have been only in furtherance of the investigation and any further actions would be recommended or given to other districts. That is still just speculation because unlike all the Trumpsters running wild I'm happy to say that we just don't know where this is going yet.

There's a lot of chicken counting going on in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.