News Article: Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
It's fascinating that the MAGA crowd has emerged from their caves to do a victory lap before we even know what the report has concluded.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
So, are you happy? Serious question btw.
I’m happy that some criminals have already faced some punishment in this case. I’m hopeful that others will also face some punishment as this report isn’t the final step that the MAGA crowd is thinking it is.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I would argue that even if nothing else whatsoever came from the report that it wasn’t a waste of time either based on results already achieved.
Yeah, something Trumpers conveniently ignore.
From what I understood, didn’t the government get enough money from Manafort to pay for the whole investigation?
And it ain’t over yet. Trumpers would relish the fact that charges would be waiting in NY should he lose in 2020, and if he wins he evades charges. So a criminal skates and Trumpers are happy.
Shows you their morality - or should I say, lack of morality.
It’s aiding and abetting on a political level, laws be damned.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but that explains why I feel the way I do towards any Trumper. It’s OK if our guy breaks the law and dodges charges because, well, he’s our guy.
Morally bankrupt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Clinton's impeachment only went forward because he lied before the grand jury. It is highly doubtful the obstruction charge would've went far by itself because everyone pretty much knew all the Democrats were going to vote Not Guilty, and you had a small margin of era with the Republicans.
Whereas Trump could face multiple obstruction charges.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It's fascinating that the MAGA crowd has emerged from their caves to do a victory lap before we even know what the report has concluded.
I don't consider myself one of the "MAGA crowd" but FWIW......
Post #28:

I also think it's too premature to really say a whole lot one way or the other until the report is actually made public and we know what's in it.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
absolutely, it is why he has been hammering McCain all week. McCain "turned over stuff the FBI in a very evil way" (in quote but is is a basic paraphrase of what Trump has been saying all week) and to Trump like most wannabe mobsters from the 80's that is as bad as it gets
Isn't that "stuff" a direct reference to the Steele dossier aka the pee pee documents aka a funded report that is apparently a work in large part of fiction?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/trump-attacks-mccain-1231430

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-john-mccain-received-steele-dossier-trump-russia-2018-5

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Whereas Trump could face multiple obstruction charges.

Clinton faced like 7 and it only passed by a few votes in a Republican house. Article I was about the issue that he lied to a grand jury, it was the more black and white offense out of the 2 charges and the most likely to get an indictment. Granted when it went to the Senate more Republicans voted for Article III than Article I, but also take in to account that ousting a president is a difficult decision.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Yeah, something Trumpers conveniently ignore.

Shows you their morality - or should I say, lack of morality.
It’s aiding and abetting on a political level, laws be damned.
Can’t speak for anyone else, but that explains why I feel the way I do towards any Trumper. It’s OK if our guy breaks the law and dodges charges because, well, he’s our guy.
Morally bankrupt.
I translated this:

"I wake up everyday and thank the flying spaghetti monster that one side is so clearly morally bankrupt and the other side a gleaming bastion of integrity and lacking in hypocrisy. It makes it so easy to choose the right side.

-Twofbyc

I honestly feel that this is a satire account. Am I crazy?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Isn't that "stuff" a direct reference to the Steele dossier aka the pee pee documents aka a funded report that is apparently a work in large part of fiction?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/trump-attacks-mccain-1231430

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-john-mccain-received-steele-dossier-trump-russia-2018-5

it is exactly what it is referring to and for the record the Dossier as raw intelligence has largely proved to be either true or unverified. There has been little to nothing in it shown to be fiction. If that's your take you aren't paying attention https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/dossier-two-years-later/index.html

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
I’m happy that some criminals have already faced some punishment in this case. I’m hopeful that others will also face some punishment as this report isn’t the final step that the MAGA crowd is thinking it is.
I think what I’m seeing here is a whole lot of wishing. Its been been apparent in my eyes since November 2016. People wishing for anything to remove Trump from office, no matter how small. Problem for these people is, a really big dog hunted and came up empty. Now the delusion seems to be there will be little hunts that will surely turn up something, it won’t. At this point, investigators who ever they are, would probably have better luck bass fishing in a chlorinated pool. Btw, MAGA crowd monicker so many throw around, makes you look petty. Reminds me of some Barn fans I know when it comes to the University. Have a great weekend everyone.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
it is exactly what it is referring to and for the record the Dossier as raw intelligence has largely proved to be either true or unverified. There has been little to nothing in it shown to be fiction. If that's your take you aren't paying attention https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/politics/dossier-two-years-later/index.html
And no one, to this day, has ever said how much of said dossier was compiled with Republican funding, as they started it as oppo research against Trump in the primaries. Clinton restarted it after Republicans abandoned it, but I’ve seen nothing regarding the timing of this versus how much of it had already been compiled.
Typical obfuscation. Never mind that we know some of it is true, and what we don’t know for certain is true hasn’t been proven to be false. Trumpers either love him because he’s a scumbag or in spite of it. Doesn’t matter which one to me, either puts them all in the same boat.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I think what I’m seeing here is a whole lot of wishing. Its been been apparent in my eyes since November 2016. People wishing for anything to remove Trump from office, no matter how small. Problem for these people is, a really big dog hunted and came up empty. Now the delusion seems to be there will be little hunts that will surely turn up something, it won’t. At this point, investigators who ever they are, would probably have better luck bass fishing in a chlorinated pool. Btw, MAGA crowd monicker so many throw around, makes you look petty. Reminds me of some Barn fans I know when it comes to the University. Have a great weekend everyone.
If I could print this post, I’d use it for fertilizer.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Mind sharing your copy of the report?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The reality is many (most?) of us thought the Mueller report would spell the beginning of the end - and while none of us have read it, it certainly appears there's not much there on Trump. This was the biggest gun out there and so far, seems to have been a dud.

As I said before, I don't want to see the country weakened by another impeachment (no one wins, some lose less than others) but if Trump is guilty, lock him up. I just feel like if this one came up empty, there's little chance any other investigation will turn anything up.

I'm neither pleased nor disappointed by this, but I admit I'm surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.