News Article: Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I thought the Mueller Report would go nowhere because the opposition allowed themselves to be funneled into this being about The Big Crime (Russian Collusion) instead maintaining the wider focus on Trump's - and the people around him - general criminality. He committed obstruction of justice several times. That alone would be justification for at least rolling out the proceedings for engaging in an impeachment process. Supposedly this being a country where rule of law is maintained, you'd figure the rigor applied to Clinton would be be duplicated here. Nah, just bluster. Hell, I think the Democrats don't want to set the precedent of impeaching for anything less than treason because many in their ranks are probably guilty of a lot of the things we know Trump did that broke the law.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Republicans partisans in the department said it in the Nixon era but forgot it for some reason in the 90s. I never listen to what a conservative says when they argue law and precedent. They don't care about those things unless those things empower them. If people still think American conservatives argue from any position of good faith, they're deceiving themselves. Today's GOP are not the Eisenhower era GOP. These folks would make William F Buckley proud if not sometimes blush.
Buckley would be disgusted at their disregard of the constitution...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've read on this forum and countless, COUNTLESS sites that the mueller report would set this country free from the tyranny of trump and the accolades and neutral stance of Mueller. Now that people didn't get what they wanted from either both are bad.

Same thing as Comey pre and post Clinton emails announcement.

So for someone sitting in the middle I see people on the right going, "see, told ya" and the left going, "well we didn't REALLY like Mueller anyways and his report is poopy."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Also from the middle, I don't read "countless sites," but I do read this one almost daily and I just don't remember any wave of posting thinking that the Mueller Report was going to do what you just wrote. On the contrary, I remember a lot of trepidation about what it wouldn't say, which basically happened. Personally, I scarcely can believe that Barr had nerve enough to say that Mueller could have recommended indictment. Is there any rational human who would doubt what Barr would have done, had Mueller done that?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Also from the middle, I don't read "countless sites," but I do read this one almost daily and I just don't remember any wave of posting thinking that the Mueller Report was going to do what you just wrote. On the contrary, I remember a lot of trepidation about what it wouldn't say, which basically happened. Personally, I scarcely can believe that Barr had nerve enough to say that Mueller could have recommended indictment. Is there any rational human who would doubt what Barr would have done, had Mueller done that?
The "tradition" against indicting a sitting president was always going to be a major obstacle, but it became an even bigger one when Barr was sworn in. From that moment, regardless of what Mueller reported, impeachment was going to be the only means to pursue the charges.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Barr CBS interview full transcript

In an exclusive interview with "CBS This Morning," Attorney General William Barr said he believes special counsel Robert Mueller could have reached a decision on whether President Trump committed obstruction of justice, regardless of long-standing Justice Department policy that prohibits the indictment of a sitting president.

During a nearly hour-long interview in Anchorage, Alaska, CBS News chief legal correspondent Jan Crawford pressed the attorney general on a number of issues from obstruction to his new review of the Russia investigation.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
it still amazes me that a coordinated attack on our elections by a foreign adversary specifically designed to elect one person with whom they were coordinating is being met with a collective yawn by a big portion of our electorate.
They deny it. That simple...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Mueller, drop the Yoda act

It's time for Robert Mueller to lose the mystery, drop the double-speak and stop the riddling. He needs to tell the American public where he stands -- straight, clear and in plain English. I understand what Mueller has tried to do. He has been careful. He understands the stakes of his investigation, and he has erred on the side of caution -- the far, far, side of caution, it turns out, to the point of obscuring his own factual findings and legal conclusions. He has tried so hard to color inside the lines that he hasn't completed the picture.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Nadler: Mueller Provides "Substantial Evidence" Crimes Were Committed; "People Don't Read A 448-Page Report"

RCP article:

REP. JERRY NADLER (D-NY): Well, we want the American people to hear directly from Special Counsel Mueller what his investigation found. The president and the attorney general and others have spent the last few months systematically lying to the American people about what the investigation found. They've said they found no collusion, they found no obstruction, that it exonerated a president, all three of those statements are absolute lies.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don’t know this Honig but I question whether or not he even read the Mueller report. This piece insinuates that ithe report was unclear and I just did not find that to be the case at all. As a matter of fact, Müeller was extremely thorough in his presentation of the facts. The report was simply a presentation of facts and in no way has it passed judgement.

To me this is like having a policeman testify at a murder trial and then expecting him to also pass judgment.

Bazza, have you read any of the report? If yes, what were your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.