News Article: Mueller Delivers Report on Russia Investigation to Attorney General

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Of course, but some folks look around and realize that they can be miserable about circumstances or they can focus on doing their part to make the world a better place. Bazza doesn't have to call his Rep/Senator daily and complain in order to be effective in changing the world around him.

FWIW - this is posted by someone who generally considers himself apolitical - we can spend time posting about it, writing letters, etc or we can engage people around us, even avoiding political discussions, and help make the world a better place. Or you can do both - whatever works for you. I choose not to get too upset about what's happening in DC, even if it's terrible - because I have limited impact on what happens (if any at all) and I refuse to walk around as miserable as some of my friends are over the political climate.
Our statements are not contradictory.

There is a difference between being sucked into the daily political theater vortex to be consumed there and being concerned with abuses of power when they occur as you go about living your life.

The former can be detrimental to personal and public health.

The latter is necessary for a healthy republic.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
From vol 1 page 16

President Trump reacted negatively to the Special Counsel's appointment. He told advisors that it was the end of his presidency, sought to have Attorney General Jefferson (Jeff) Sessions unrecuse from the Russia investigation and to have the Special Counsel removed, and engaged in efforts to curtail the Special Counsel's investigation and prevent the disclosure of evidence to it, including through public and private contacts with potential witnesses. Those and related actions are described and analyzed in Volume II ofthe report.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I’m one of those guys that doesn’t have time. I work two jobs and have an eleven year old. Be that as it may, I find myself consumed by this Report and intend to read at least a large part of it.

The Internet Research Agency, IRA, is a group in St Petersburg, Russia whose job was to promote the Trump campaign and defame the Clinton campaign by using social media accounts. From vol 1 page 22:

By the end of the 2016 U.S. election, the IRA had the ability to reach millions of U.S. persons through their social media accounts. Multiple IRA-controlled Facebook groups and Instagram accounts had hundreds of thousands of U.S. participants. IRA-controlled Twitteraccounts separately had tens of thousands of followers, including multiple U.S. political figures who retweeted IRA-created content. In November 2017, a Facebook representative testified that Facebook had identified 470 IRA-controlled Facebook accounts that collectively made 80,000 posts between January 2015 and August 2017. Facebook estimated the IRA reached as many as 126 million persons through its Facebook accounts.6 In January 2018, Twitter announced that it had identified 3,814 IRA-controlled Twitter accounts and notified approximately 1.4 million people Twitter believed may have been in contact with an iRA-controlled account.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Similarly, numerous high-profile U.S. persons, including former Ambassador Michael McFaul, Roger Stone, Sean Hannity, and Michael Flynn Jr., retweeted or responded to tweets posted to these IRA- controlled accounts. Multiple individuals associated with the Trump Campaign also promoted IRA tweets.

Vol 1 p 28

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
as we knew would happen, as soon as we see the report Trump goes from calling it "totally exonerating" to "complete BS"

Trump fanboys don't care at all

disgusting but not surprising

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Of course, but some folks look around and realize that they can be miserable about circumstances or they can focus on doing their part to make the world a better place. Bazza doesn't have to call his Rep/Senator daily and complain in order to be effective in changing the world around him.

FWIW - this is posted by someone who generally considers himself apolitical - we can spend time posting about it, writing letters, etc or we can engage people around us, even avoiding political discussions, and help make the world a better place. Or you can do both - whatever works for you. I choose not to get too upset about what's happening in DC, even if it's terrible - because I have limited impact on what happens (if any at all) and I refuse to walk around as miserable as some of my friends are over the political climate.
Thanks and a fair representation that speaks for how I look at it and I'm sure others.

I'm sure we could spend the rest of our lives debating why certain people feel the way they do about politics. All I can do is try to be a decent person and help others as much as I can. The rest of that stuff is way beyond my control.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i fully expect wikileaks to leak the unredacted mueller report any day now in the interest of governmental transparency.

Mueller Report: Assange Smeared Seth Rich to Cover for Russians

Julian Assange not only knew that a murdered Democratic National Committee staffer wasn’t his source for thousands of hacked party emails, he was in active contact with his real sources in Russia’s GRU months after Seth Rich’s death. At the same time he was publicly working to shift blame onto the slain staffer “to obscure the source of the materials he was releasing,” Special Counsel Robert Mueller asserts in his final report on Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election.

“After the U.S. intelligence community publicly announced its assessment that Russia was behind the hacking operation, Assange continued to deny that the Clinton materials released by WikiLeaks had come from Russian hacking,” the report reads. “According to media reports, Assange told a U.S. congressman that the DNC hack was an ‘inside job,’ and purported to have ‘physical proof’ that Russians did not give materials to Assange.”

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Maybe. We'll know in the next few weeks.

Some of the things we know today are:
1) Russia interfered in our election, and Mueller's report has given the playbook they used a legal green light. So it will happen again in 2020, from Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, etc., and our government has done nothing to safeguard our democracy.
2) Our institutions have failed. We are founded on the concept of checks and balances rendered by co-equal branches of government. But in practice, the actual checks and balances now come from our parties, not our branches.
Regarding #1

- so are you upset that Russia did it and ok that our gov't does the same thing or is it just not ok that someone did it to the US?

-the interference, in that they put out propaganda, fake news, etc on sites like Facebook that people thought were real.

Because I'm not upset at either. They beat us at our own game on the first one. Smart enough to weaponize social media with hacker groupsand troll farms. On the second bit, people who get their news from Facebook deserve everything else that comes along with it.

Keep not vaccinating your kids. Keep believing the sex worker kids are beneath the pizza place. I don't pity stupidity and I don't suffer fools well.

Regarding your #2, I absolutely agree. Checks and balances is just a matter of party power and affiliation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My opinion is simply I do not want a crook, a thief, a liar and, an embarrasment to our country as President of the United States. In my lifetime there has never been a more unqualified, unfit, and morally bankrupt individiual to run for the WH and that includes Richard Milhous Nixon.

While I might not agree with your political affiliation, policy beliefs, etc, if your candidate is an honorable person then we can argue our positions and more than likely agree to disagree. That is not the case with trump or anyone who supports him. His supporters know and accept the fact that he is a crook, liar and thief yet justify it by saying "that's just the way it is done in Washington". At some point his followers will have to face the consequences for their support.

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Regarding #1

- so are you upset that Russia did it and ok that our gov't does the same thing or is it just not ok that someone did it to the US?

-the interference, in that they put out propaganda, fake news, etc on sites like Facebook that people thought were real.

Because I'm not upset at either. They beat us at our own game on the first one. Smart enough to weaponize social media with hacker groupsand troll farms. On the second bit, people who get their news from Facebook deserve everything else that comes along with it.

Keep not vaccinating your kids. Keep believing the sex worker kids are beneath the pizza place. I don't pity stupidity and I don't suffer fools well.

Regarding your #2, I absolutely agree. Checks and balances is just a matter of party power and affiliation.

the problem of course is that we don't deserve it and we get armed maniacs storming pizza joints, idiots ruining herd immunity and a kleptocrat wannabe authoritarian in the whitehouse

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Regarding #1

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/...19-04-18&utm_content=GCOX_WPB&utm_term=041919 I live in Florida and I'm upset about this.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Regarding #1

I’m absolutely outraged that the Russians did it. I can’t imagine every American not being upset at the extent and the fact that the Trump campaign endorsed the Russians attack on our election.

It’s very likely that Russian money changed the outcome on US presidential election. Regardless of who is running,that’s deplorable.

The best thing about the Mueller Report is I can get the facts straight from the horse’s mouth without depending on Facebook, Twitter, Wikileaks, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, etc. I encourage everyone to at least read a few pages.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I’m absolutely outraged that the Russians did it. I can’t imagine every American not being upset at the extent and the fact that the Trump campaign endorsed the Russians attack on our election.

It’s very likely that Russian money changed the outcome on US presidential election. Regardless of who is running,that’s deplorable.

The best thing about the Mueller Report is I can get the facts straight from the horse’s mouth without depending on Facebook, Twitter, Wikileaks, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, etc. I encourage everyone to at least read a few pages.
Trump endorsed Russian hackers to attack/obtain dirt on Clinton. A serious and stupid act. I don't know if it's illegal. At the time he was just a guy running for president, so if illegal why not charge him?

I'm reading in the report that the Russians started this campaign in 2014. So these guys are rocking out for 2 years, publicly I might add (social media) and our govt agencies were either 1) none the wiser (specifically intelligence/counter) or 2) no one at the top cared?

I am no bigger a fan of Russia than I am China. But I don't get angry at the scorpion for stinging the frog....

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Trump endorsed Russian hackers to attack/obtain dirt on Clinton. A serious and stupid act. I don't know if it's illegal. At the time he was just a guy running for president, so if illegal why not charge him?

I'm reading in the report that the Russians started this campaign in 2014. So these guys are rocking out for 2 years, publicly I might add (social media) and our govt agencies were either 1) none the wiser (specifically intelligence/counter) or 2) no one at the top cared?

I am no bigger a fan of Russia than I am China. But I don't get angry at the scorpion for stinging the frog....

My understanding is that you cannot prosecute a president while he’s in office. Once Trump is no longer the president, he may well be charged with obstruction. Some of the attorneys on here may know better.

The way I look at your analogy, the scorpion didn’t sting the frog, he stung my family.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It's genuinely frustrating. I want straight answers and I'm not sure if I got them or not. Working with foreign powers to win an election is no bueno. IMO, neither is taking their donation money either.

And the parties are so dug in that nothing matters. They both want to just be right, or should I say, in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.