Dazon Posts Instagram Story Indicating He’s Gone

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
The broken foot at the beginning of his career was really unfortunate. He just never was the same after that- seemed to lose quickness and and explosiveness when attacking the rim. Another case of "what might have been" which is becoming all too common. We seem to get a good group of role players but no leaders (Sexton aside). Hopefully that can change with the new regime

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
He shot free throws at a decent (for this team) clip and he could hit a 3 pointer -- but that's about it. For someone that started out as a promising big point guard - he turned into a 3 guard who couldn't hit a layup......

One thing I have fussed at all year long -- is that we miss someone who is not afraid to dunk the ball (other than Hall) -- so many times we wouldn't go up with Power --

I miss Tony Mitchell and Mych Green -- those fellas were fearless around the rim -- we don't have anyone that is fearless anymore.....

We can all bash Gottfried for many things -- but geez he had some kids who could ball if they wanted to..... our talent level is MUCH lower than when Gottfried was here
I agree Cajun, a good example is Herbert Jones, he was good at getting to the basket but he rarely finished at the rim. I kept thinking to myself "Herbert go up with power and slam that ball down"!

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I was really surprised when I heard this news. The more I think about it and read through the thread, I guess it all makes sense after all. Best of luck to him!!
I wasn't surprised at all. He's already been in the program for 4 years (sat out most of his true freshman year due to injury) and has already graduated. I expect Giddens to leave as well and perhaps another player but hopefully not Kira.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I agree Cajun, a good example is Herbert Jones, he was good at getting to the basket but he rarely finished at the rim. I kept thinking to myself "Herbert go up with power and slam that ball down"!
I've been pointing this out for awhile and I have generally blamed Deneen for not getting these guys to add any power. However the issue might not have been Deneen, it could be that CAJ did not hold the players accountable for not participating in the S&C program. I don't know who the blame falls on but S&C is an issue.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I've been pointing this out for awhile and I have generally blamed Deneen for not getting these guys to add any power. However the issue might not have been Deneen, it could be that CAJ did not hold the players accountable for not participating in the S&C program. I don't know who the blame falls on but S&C is an issue.
I agree. S&C is an issue the last three seasons.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Thought it was Lou, but I’m not sure after reading his bio. He has a solid career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure where the problem lies. I suspect CAJ never held the players feet to the fire to get them in the S&C during the offseason.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.