In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
The BAMA ladies sweep a pair at the Florida Gators today. We took game one 3-1 behind a complete game by Fouts. Sarah Cornell threw a 2 hitter in the 6-1 nightcap win. Bailey Hemphill got HR #20 in the the second game. Game 3 is tomorrow at 1pm central. BAMA is now in sole possession of first place in the SEC. Keep it rolling ladies!!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The BAMA ladies sweep a pair at the Florida Gators today. We took game one 3-1 behind a complete game by Fouts. Sarah Cornell threw a 2 hitter in the 6-1 nightcap win. Bailey Hemphill got HR #20 in the the second game. Game 3 is tomorrow at 1pm central. BAMA is now in sole possession of first place in the SEC. Keep it rolling ladies!!
Congrats on your wins....today's game should be another good one. ESPN at 1CT. ;)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Well, a week or two ago some posters were saying we stunk and Coach should be replaced. Lol, @ some posters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
At the first of the season. We had a stud freshman pitcher coming in with 4 other throwers as pitchers. Fouts has delivered and will be fun to watch for the 3 years. Cornell has developed into a solid #2. Goodman is coming along pretty good and could make a good #3. Now we need to work on timely hitting when the pitching isn’t there.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
At the first of the season. We had a stud freshman pitcher coming in with 4 other throwers as pitchers. Fouts has delivered and will be fun to watch for the 3 years. Cornell has developed into a solid #2. Goodman is coming along pretty good and could make a good #3. Now we need to work on timely hitting when the pitching isn’t there.
6 runs on Barnhill is pretty dang good even though Florida isn’t near what they have been.

I think our fate will pretty much be decided in the next 2 weeks. Taking a sweep over Florida is huge, but we really need to take the season championship with the schedule we have. The key to doing that is sweeping Kentucky plus taking one from LSU, and hoping Ole Miss and Tennessee split next week. We really need to be in the Top 8 in ncaa Tournament.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
6 runs on Barnhill is pretty dang good even though Florida isn’t near what they have been.

I think our fate will pretty much be decided in the next 2 weeks. Taking a sweep over Florida is huge, but we really need to take the season championship with the schedule we have. The key to doing that is sweeping Kentucky plus taking one from LSU, and hoping Ole Miss and Tennessee split next week. We really need to be in the Top 8 in ncaa Tournament.
Two week ago after scoring 9 runs in the 1st game at South Carolina. We could only score 1 run in the 2nd and 3rd games. We score 9 runs in one inning against Mississippi State to take a 9-5 leadings the 5th, then lose 12-9 in 10 innings. That’s the timely hitting I’m talking about. We really shouldn’t have lost any games. We haven’t played a tough schedule. That being said, sweeping Florida in Gainesville is huge. We are ranked 5th but 11th in RPI. We need to work our way into a solid top 8 so that if and when we win a regional. We will host a Super Regional. If we can do that, we stand a great chance of going back to the World Series.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Two week ago after scoring 9 runs in the 1st game at South Carolina. We could only score 1 run in the 2nd and 3rd games. We score 9 runs in one inning against Mississippi State to take a 9-5 leadings the 5th, then lose 12-9 in 10 innings. That’s the timely hitting I’m talking about. We really shouldn’t have lost any games. We haven’t played a tough schedule. That being said, sweeping Florida in Gainesville is huge. We are ranked 5th but 11th in RPI. We need to work our way into a solid top 8 so that if and when we win a regional. We will host a Super Regional. If we can do that, we stand a great chance of going back to the World Series.
Well we hit as about as good as anyone in the SEC. It’s not going to beat a team like Oklahoma or UCLA but I would like our chances since we have two dominant pitchers.

But speaking of the RPI, I think it really brings up a serious concern since the SEC is down to Us, LSU, Tennessee, and Ole Miss. I really think we can’t afford to lose the regular season crown to either because we could wind up being 9th-14th in the tournament and have to travel to get to OKC. I don’t know if we can afford to find out if we can go across the country in a super regional. We are really good, but how good really remains a serious question since we have a schedule that avoids 3/4 best teams in the SEC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Read earlier in the thread. When Fouts went out and we dropped a series the eeyores came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still don't see one poster calling for Murph's head, or one out of line criticism. The truth is we still really haven't played anybody that is going to make a deep run yet (we will in two weeks), so the criticism about the bats going cold in Columbia is a little warranted.

We are far better than last year, and we should be extremely happy that we finally conquered the Gators. But lets also take into account that Florida has dropped 4 SEC series this year. We don't play Auburn, Tennessee, or Ole Miss this year, but they all play each other. We got lucky that the only really great team we play all year is LSU, but it is also on the road in that house of horrors.

Point is fortunes can change drastically in the next two weeks if we don't bring our A game. If we mess around we can go from hosting a super regional to flying to Tucson or Austin. Our hitting and our RPI ranking are very worrisome compared to highly talented teams. So yes we should be really happy, but lets not get carried away until we win the season title.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.