In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0! - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    Read earlier in the thread. When Fouts went out and we dropped a series the eeyores came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still don't see one poster calling for Murph's head, or one out of line criticism. The truth is we still really haven't played anybody that is going to make a deep run yet (we will in two weeks), so the criticism about the bats going cold in Columbia is a little warranted.

We are far better than last year, and we should be extremely happy that we finally conquered the Gators. But lets also take into account that Florida has dropped 4 SEC series this year. We don't play Auburn, Tennessee, or Ole Miss this year, but they all play each other. We got lucky that the only really great team we play all year is LSU, but it is also on the road in that house of horrors.

Point is fortunes can change drastically in the next two weeks if we don't bring our A game. If we mess around we can go from hosting a super regional to flying to Tucson or Austin. Our hitting and our RPI ranking are very worrisome compared to highly talented teams. So yes we should be really happy, but lets not get carried away until we win the season title.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

FB|BB Moderator

45-4 record, swept a top-10 team on the road, after having swept a top 20 team at home. Earlier in the year, beat a top-10 Arizona team in their home city. Star freshman pitcher, and a good-hitting lineup.

This is a good team. It would be a disappointment if this team didn't make it to the WCWS. What happens there is anybody's guess.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Congrats on the sweep and best of luck going forward!

I don't think the HBP was intentional but Coach Walton sure acted like a turkey...lol.....
    Hey Bazza,

I don't think the HBP was intentional either. And we didn't need a stare down. Just take your base. I think Barnhill is just having to carry the team and is throwing way too many pitches this year. They had a graphic during the game that's she already thrown the equivalent of about six more games than normal this year. She has just to be plain worn out. And, the umps kind of lost it a bit in the later innings, as did Walton.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Hey Bazza,

I don't think the HBP was intentional either. And we didn't need a stare down. Just take your base. I think Barnhill is just having to carry the team and is throwing way too many pitches this year. They had a graphic during the game that's she already thrown the equivalent of about six more games than normal this year. She has just to be plain worn out. And, the umps kind of lost it a bit in the later innings, as did Walton.
    Disagree totally. No doubt she was throwing at Sides. 2 things, She belted a long Home run her previous at bat and Walton got thrown out just before she took the mound. I've watched Walton make a mockery of the game with his girls sticking their elbows out whenever they needed base runners. I didn't see it this weekend., but we didn't pitch them inside nearly as much as most teams. Florida perennially leads the nation in HBP.

We pitched our best 3 games as a staff this weekend. It bodes well for the rest of the season. This is the 1st time we have a pitching staff rather than 1 pitcher and everyone else. I think Stephanie Prothro has done a great job this year.

BamaNation All-SEC major tidefan's Avatar

BamaNation Hall of Fame

It was great seeing the Tide play in Cullman last night!

BamaNation All-SEC

Ugly day for softball. Drop the weekend opener to Kentucky 4-1. Lots of pop ups, lots of errors, lots of walks given up, and Elissa Brown getting called out twice for leaving the base early on steal attempts. (the second one was really questionable). I would also say this is not one of the better umpire crews in the SEC. Didn't really matter though. Kentucky did what they needed to do, and got the hits when they needed them. Overall, it just looked like one of those days. Our lone run was on a Bailey Hemphill home-run in the 6th. We definitely need to take games 2 & 3. Come back and do it ladies.

BamaNation Second Team

Ugly day for softball. Drop the weekend opener to Kentucky 4-1. Lots of pop ups, lots of errors, lots of walks given up, and Elissa Brown getting called out twice for leaving the base early on steal attempts. (the second one was really questionable). I would also say this is not one of the better umpire crews in the SEC. Didn't really matter though. Kentucky did what they needed to do, and got the hits when they needed them. Overall, it just looked like one of those days. Our lone run was on a Bailey Hemphill home-run in the 6th. We definitely need to take games 2 & 3. Come back and do it ladies.

love my bama gals but coach needs to crack the whip so to speak. too many mental errors, we have a good team as the record reflects but come on, this was brutal.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamabill123 View Post
    love my bama gals but coach needs to crack the whip so to speak. too many mental errors, we have a good team as the record reflects but come on, this was brutal.
    Almost looked like one of those "we've got this in the bag" games, but we never got anything going, and Kentucky finally did. Need to bounce back.

Baalman is a very good pitcher. Errors kill you in a pitching duel

BamaNation All-SEC

Softball ladies take down Kentucky 3-1 tonight in game 2. It was starting to look like last night's game for a while. We seemed a little timid at the plate and we looking at a lot of good pitches to hit. Kentucky went up 1-0 in the top of the sixth on a solo HR. In the bottom of the sixth, we got a couple on with 1 out and Kentucky changed pitchers. On our first batter after that, the umpire's strike zone seemed to change. Murphy got a bit indignant about that and was tossed. The ladies lit up after that and we put 3 on the board in the bottom of the sixth. Sarah Cornell shut them down in the 7th for the 3-1 win. Game 3 tomorrow afternoon at 2 CST.

Softball ladies take down Kentucky 3-1 tonight in game 2. It was starting to look like last night's game for a while. We seemed a little timid at the plate and we looking at a lot of good pitches to hit. Kentucky went up 1-0 in the top of the sixth on a solo HR. In the bottom of the sixth, we got a couple on with 1 out and Kentucky changed pitchers. On our first batter after that, the umpire's strike zone seemed to change. Murphy got a bit indignant about that and was tossed. The ladies lit up after that and we put 3 on the board in the bottom of the sixth. Sarah Cornell shut them down in the 7th for the 3-1 win. Game 3 tomorrow afternoon at 2 CST.
    I think Murph got tossed on purpose to fire up his team. It worked

But big picture:

SEC Season Crown race:

UA 15-5 (4 games left)
    OM 13-6 (4 games left)
    LSU 14-7 (3 games left)
    UT 11-9 (4 games left)

What we should cheer for today is ofcourse an Alabama win, but also a Tennessee win. This would eliminate Tennessee, provide some extra cushion between us an Ole Miss, and force LSU to sweeps us next week to win the crown. Basically a win today and an Ole Miss loss (they are playing Tennessee) makes it pretty difficult for us not to win the crown
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I think Murph got tossed on purpose to fire up his team. It worked

But big picture:

SEC Season Crown race:

UA 15-5 (4 games left)
    OM 13-6 (4 games left)
    LSU 14-7 (3 games left)
    UT 11-9 (4 games left)

What we should cheer for today is ofcourse an Alabama win, but also a Tennessee win. This would eliminate Tennessee, provide some extra cushion between us an Ole Miss, and force LSU to sweeps us next week to win the crown. Basically a win today and an Ole Miss loss (they are playing Tennessee) makes it pretty difficult for us not to win the crown
    I think you are correct. Murph looked like he was just going to let it go at first, but then it looked like, "nah, I'm gonna get tossed". Definitely worked as we had a completely different energy level after that. I think it will come down to us and LSU for the title.