In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 100
  1. #53
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    . I think it will come down to us and LSU for the title.
    I just don't know because I have no idea how the SEC is going to handle the issue that Ole Miss played one less game. It really makes that meltdown in Columbia look worse because right now we would be up two games regardless, and really have no real pressure going into the game today.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  2. #54
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I just don't know because I have no idea how the SEC is going to handle the issue that Ole Miss played one less game. It really makes that meltdown in Columbia look worse because right now we would be up two games regardless, and really have no real pressure going into the game today.
    Yes, it would be nice to have Carolina series back, because it's looks like it might happen again today. I don't know why we can't hit this pitcher. We just don't attack pitches at the plate. We either hit a pop up or feeble grounder. On the Ole Miss thing, do you think they would work off of a winning percentage to determine things.

  3. #55
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I don't know why we can't hit this pitcher. We just don't attack pitches at the plate. We either hit a pop up or feeble grounder. .
    We hit her last night, but she was coming in cold. I think the bigger issue if we lose this game is Murph starting Goodman vs her instead of Montana with a tied series with the SEC crown up for grabs.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  4. #56
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    We hit her last night, but she was coming in cold. I think the bigger issue if we lose this game is Murph starting Goodman vs her instead of Montana with a tied series with the SEC crown up for grabs.
    I didn't have much problem with starting Goodman, but she certainly served up a dinger ball to Cheeks in the first inning. And I don't know if you're watching but I thought the Kentucky player was out at third on that early inning bunt play. They got another run off of that. We just need to score. We hit it pretty good last inning but all at'em balls.

  5. #57
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I didn't have much problem with starting Goodman, but she certainly served up a dinger ball to Cheeks in the first inning. And I don't know if you're watching but I thought the Kentucky player was out at third on that early inning bunt play. They got another run off of that. We just need to score. We hit it pretty good last inning but all at'em balls.
    Murph and Stephanie have forgotten more softball than I will ever know, but its kinda odd in a very key game that he sent our 3rd pitcher out in what everyone pretty much knew was going to be a pitcher's duel. They really didn't hit Montana the other night, and it was more of an error making a big inning.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  6. #58
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Murph and Stephanie have forgotten more softball than I will ever know, but its kinda odd in a very key game that he sent our 3rd pitcher out in what everyone pretty much knew was going to be a pitcher's duel. They really didn't hit Montana the other night, and it was more of an error making a big inning.
    Well, at least we started hitting!!! Tie game now, go ahead run on second. Can we squeeze out one more base hit. Maybe Murph should run for Dykes since she got thrown out at the plate earlier in the game.

  7. #59
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Oh, man, we still swing at too many bad pitches. Sides looked at a nice ball up for strike 2, then swings at a ball down and grounds out to end the inning. She could have ripped that second strike.

  8. #60
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Well, I don't know what Murphy was thinking in the bottom of the 8th. Hemphill on first, who is not known for speed, and two down. And Hemphill gets thrown out trying to steal for the third out. Maybe we missed a hit and run, but one more ball and Hemphill would have been on second anyway. I wonder about that one.

  9. #61
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Dykes is a hell of a catcher. Its nearly impossible to steal on her
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  10. #62
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Please lets end this here. I don't think Montana has that many pitches left.

    BTW 2-1 UT bottom of 9th
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  11. #63
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Tennessee did us a solid and beat Ole Miss. So we will atleast have a cushion even if this game doesn't turn out well
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  12. #64
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,222

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Just looked at SECsports, and apparently the magic number is 2 games for us regardless of Ole Miss potentially sharing our loss number.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  13. #65
    BamaNation All-SEC major tidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Boaz,AL
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

    Mercy,on to the 12th!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear