In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
We should immediately initiate a no dogpile Montana rule!
I agree!! No dog pile unless you win the whole thing. It's kind of like you don't give Coach Saban the gatorade unless you win the national championship. I know a guy from back in the day that got hurt in a dog pile. Not real bad, but bad enough to miss his next pitching start. Montana's on the comeback trail. Don't bang her up!!!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
For a little game recap, LSU's starting pitcher got into a jam early in the game. We managed to load the bases, then she managed to walk in three straight runs to put BAMA up 3-0. I was hoping we could have gotten more there as we only had 1 out when they changed pitchers. Maddie Morgan added a solo HR late to give BAMA a 4-0 lead. LSU got 1 back in the 4th, and another in the 5th, then led off the bottom of the 6th with a solo HR to cut it to 4-3. Montana Fouts relieved Sarah Cornell and shut LSU down the rest of the way. We had chances to score more runs but didn't get it done. Regardless, put the #1 by Alabama, as the 2019 SEC Champs!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
BAMA completes the sweep of LSU today with a 5-1 victory. All of the runs were scored in the 4th inning, 5 by BAMA and 1 by LSU on a solo HR. Now it's on to the SEC tourney. Hope this sweep gets us a top 8 seed. It should.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Murphy should get Coach of the Year in the SEC. He took a team who was picked in the pre-season to finish 8th in the SEC, and they won the regular season title. He gets my vote, even though I don't have one.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I agree!! No dog pile unless you win the whole thing. It's kind of like you don't give Coach Saban the gatorade unless you win the national championship. I know a guy from back in the day that got hurt in a dog pile. Not real bad, but bad enough to miss his next pitching start. Montana's on the comeback trail. Don't bang her up!!!
If you watch, Bailey was protecting Montana. Cool stuff.

I have a @#@$%## Wedding to go to in Charlotte the weekend of the regionals. You won't see me yelling at the umps that weekend, but I'll be there for the supers assuming we get there that is.

Yes Murph should get coach of the year possibly nationally. I'll tell you Stephanie Prothro did a magnificent job with the pitchers this year. I hope we don't lose her to a head coaching gig.

RTR

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
If you watch, Bailey was protecting Montana. Cool stuff.

I have a @#@$%## Wedding to go to in Charlotte the weekend of the regionals. You won't see me yelling at the umps that weekend, but I'll be there for the supers assuming we get there that is.

Yes Murph should get coach of the year possibly nationally. I'll tell you Stephanie Prothro did a magnificent job with the pitchers this year. I hope we don't lose her to a head coaching gig.

RTR
You don't sound particularly happy to be going to a wedding instead of the regionals. I'm glad someone's there to yell at the umps, because there are several that seem to need it. Stephanie's been with Murphy all along. I wonder if she'll stay as long as he's around. She has done a super job this year, especially considering it's an all new pitching staff.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The UK series when Murph got thrown out, my wife said I was apparently caught on TV yelling at the umps. They literally cost us the game the next day. They called a UK runner going from 1st to 3rd safe when everyone I talked to even on the TV said she was out. She ended up scoring. We'd have won 2-1 in regulation if she doesn't score. instead it went to 13 innings and we lost. That was bay far the worst group of umpires I've seen. It could cost us a seeding in the tournament. Most of them are decent, but this group was calling balls and strikes very inconsistently. They seemed to favor UK on the all the close calls all weekend.

I'll be there for the supers for sure. This team is special. Maybe it will makeup for all my years of pain and anguish with basketball.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Rtr! Love me some softball!!! I love our pitchers this year. And sarah cornell is something else shes enough energy for the whole team and then some i love it!!!!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Rtr! Love me some softball!!! I love our pitchers this year. And sarah cornell is something else shes enough energy for the whole team and then some i love it!!!!
Sarah turned out to be quite a find for BAMA, and is now Pitcher of the Year in the SEC. She is a bundle of energy, and she carried the team while Montana was out with injury. She's only a junior so we have her for another year! I heard we have signed another great pitcher coming in next year, so can you imagine our pitching staff next year, Sarah, Montana, and the new girl. Our pitching might be really amazing next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.