In case you didn't notice, Alabama Softball is 33-0!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
al.com said:
Alabama softball moves to 33-0 with run-rule win
No. 3 Alabama’s undefeated softball season continued with another blowout win Saturday.

An 11-1 victory at Texas A&M featured a Bailey Hemphill grand slam and a fast start. It lifts the Crimson Tide to 33-0 to extend the longest winning streak in program history. The weekend opened with a 13-3 run-rule win over the Aggies and will conclude Sunday in College Station.

https://www.al.com/alabama/2019/03/alabama-softball-moves-to-33-0-with-run-rule-win.html
way to go softball! RTR!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
That's right Bama could have used her this weekend. They lost today allowing 12 runs and pretty much struggled with State (one of the bottom teams in the conference) all weekend long.
A crazy game today. Fell behind by 5, went up 4 but couldn't hold the lead. In the B10th, we had the bases loaded with no outs - and did not score. I think Coach Murphy would like a do over on a couple of his decisions today. In consecutive innings, 7th/8th, we got the leadoff batter on and both times he had the next batter bunt - neither worked. The first time we bunted into a double play, the second time MSU picked off the lead runner when the batter whiffed on the bunt attempt. Lastly, in the B10 after we loaded the bases, MSU brought in a lefty pitcher, and he let 3 straight lefty batters face her. A strikeout and two pop ups later, game. Seems a righty pinch hitter might have been in order somewhere in there.

Oh well, that's softball. I'm enjoying watching this team play.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
That's right Bama could have used her this weekend. They lost today allowing 12 runs and pretty much struggled with State (one of the bottom teams in the conference) all weekend long.
Yeah, I was watching it on the computer. We spotted State 5 runs, and then we exploded for 9 runs in one inning. I thought Goodman and Gettins, even though they are backup pitchers were doing okay. But when you have a 4 run lead going to the 6th inning, you can't boot the ball all over the place. In the sixth inning, second base had two errors, a boot of a routine ground ball, and then wasn't looking for the throw while covering first. Those were sandwiched around a base hit, and a high chopper up the middle that was fielded but no chance to get an out. Those E's basically gave State 3 runs to get back in it. The pitching was fine at that point, but didn't get much help in the last few innings. Gettins threw well but finally ran out of gas. We played 10 innings, and had several chances to win, but couldn't put anything together. Even had bases loaded, no outs in the bottom of the 10th and couldn't even push 1 run across. I think when we scored the 9 runs we thought it was over.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
What is the injury to Fouts?
Don't know. All I've heard is minor injury, out indefinitely, but should be back later this season. Don't know how to read that. But our next three weekend series are at South Carolina, Georgia at home, then at Florida. All are ranked teams, and if we can't get Fouts back soon, a great season may turn a little ugly.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
The bats went quiet in Columbia the last two games and the gals drop their first series of the year.Maybe Fouts will be ready for Georgia next weekend.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
BAMA drops series at South Carolina with a 2-0 loss on Sunday. Had a 5-1 loss on Saturday. Couldn't buy a hit Saturday or Sunday. I think we left 11 on in the Sunday game. Since Montana Fouts is out, and we've had to go to more back up pitchers, I thought our hitting would step up, but not this weekend. Goodman came in today when SC had a 2-0 lead, and she shut them down, but we couldn't put anything together. Hope we can find more hitting than we're showing lately.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
We are simply not that good. Probably around 10-12, not top 5. We have lost 4 games to the bottom 3 teams in the conference. The 4 SEC teams that we have played have a combined SEC record is 16-32. Without Fouts we are average. When she comes back, we will have to use her to much. In doing so that it gives the other teams more looks at her and that will hurt us in the tournament. We have a stud in Fouts. Cornell was developing into a pretty good #2 pitcher but not good enough to pitch 2 games in a series like Fouts. The other 3 pitchers are just throwers and when they have pitched well. We can’t get any timely hits. Our future should be bright because we have another stud pitcher on the way. Alexis Kilfoyl will join the team next year and that could be as good of #1 & #2 pitcher rotation as we’ve ever had. We can still do well this year. We just need to hit the ball better, especially when our bottom 3 pitchers are in the game.

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
It seems like it is always hitting that is the problem--I mean for YEARS it's seemed that way. I'd hoped Bama had finally conquered it this year, but I guess this weekend proves that is not the case. It's disheartening.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
It seems like it is always hitting that is the problem--I mean for YEARS it's seemed that way. I'd hoped Bama had finally conquered it this year, but I guess this weekend proves that is not the case. It's disheartening.
We definitely had opportunities. In the bottom of the sixth, we had 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and couldn't get a run in. First girl up, (don't remember who), did hit a very hard ground ball - so hard in fact that the runners couldn't advance. Murphy then pitch hit Hardy for Elissa Brown. Still don't understand that one. Brown has been very consistent as a contact hitter, and Hardy doesn't seem to do well vs SEC pitching. Ended up a strikeout. I guess Murphy was hoping for the miracle home run. Then a pop up ended the inning. I think we left 11 on in the Sunday game. We get on runners on base, but they end up staying there too much!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
BAMA has taken the first two games of the series from Georgia, 7-1 yesterday, and 4-0 today. Crystal Goodman pitched a shut-out in her first SEC start. We are finding ways to win without Fouts who I've heard could be back as early as tomorrow. Hope we can sweep the series against Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.