Link: An old friend was on this exact same ship off Norway two weeks ago...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, Go Bama. He's actually my step-brother but I always refer to him as my brother. His father and my Mom married in '70 so Treadwell is his family name, not mine.

Ha - interesting about Wellington, NZ. I wonder if my brother knows. They've been to NZ and one of his sons actually stayed down there for a period of time working and doing some missionary work.

I saw the Kristiansand misspelling too and wondered if you'd catch it....which of course you did. :)
I actually thought it looked odd. Norwegian spelling, especially between Nynorsk and Bokmål, varies a lot more than English. So your step-bro is a Treadwell of Wellington, FL? What a coincidence!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I actually thought it looked odd. Norwegian spelling, especially between Nynorsk and Bokmål, varies a lot more than English. So your step-bro is a Treadwell of Wellington, FL? What a coincidence!
Yes it is. They've lived in Wellington, FL it seems like forever - but are not from there - whether that makes a difference or not.

But here's an interesting story. He has a twin sister. And we all (myself, SB, and SS) share the same date of birth - June 11. Not the same year however - theirs '48...mine '54. Took some getting used to to remember to send them birthday cards in time for our birthday. And there have been plenty of years I/they were late! :D

You would enjoy Kenny's personality, Earle. Having legal backgrounds, raising families, sports (he played BB in high school), mutual travel interests, involvement in church, and the volunteer work for your respective communities --- seems like a lot to have in common!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Good Lord! I read the list but I hadn't seen it...
Yeah...my SIL posted this as her new FB profile pic...ha ha.....

I'd always wondered how you could possibly get enough ballast in the holds to stabilize those skyscrapers...
Perplexing to me as well. I have never had a desire to go any where on one of those things.

Nor will I.

My theory is most men going on those cruises are doing it to appease their "better half".

Something I don't have to deal with! :D

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.