Michael Avenatti arrested on federal charges of wire fraud and extortion

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure what he hopes to gain - nobody with a pair of brain cells believes anything he has to say by now...

NOT suggesting this didn't happen, just saying...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Avenatti is going ahead with his reveal, name dropping Ayton and Bol on Twitter. Guy needs to shut up for his own sake.
It was already known Ayton had some issues. Mike out here trying to tell us the sky is blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'll admit I liked the guy ok & he didn't come across as that slimy to me on limited information available at the time. Definitely not someone I considered as a nominee or anything though.

With that said I'll still wait to see how this plays out in court before judging. People still haven't learned not to automatically assume someone is definitely guilty based on what initial reporting/law enforcement say although the initial stuff here does look extremely bad. It wasn't that long ago people here were celebrating Stormy Daniels arrest at the hands of crooked cops that have since had their unit dissolved over that false arrest. SDNY vs local cops but bringing it up because of the Daniels/Avenatti connection.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Is Avenatti still planning to throw his hat in the ring for the Democrat presidential nomination? He was one of their darlings for a while. I think he could still get a lot of support.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Is Avenatti still planning to throw his hat in the ring for the Democrat presidential nomination? He was one of their darlings for a while. I think he could still get a lot of support.
No, he actually had announced back in December that he wasn't getting into the bus of "most of us aren't qualified but we're hoping to catch lightning in a bottle and be the alternative to Trump."

And he had no more chance of winning the nomination than I do - or than about 2/3 of the folks currently running.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Another set of indictments today. I think the guy is bipolar. On the night show circuit, he appeared to me to be on a manic tear. The kind of financial tomfoolery he was pulling is the kind which always eventually catches up to you...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Another set of indictments today. I think the guy is bipolar. On the night show circuit, he appeared to me to be on a manic tear. The kind of financial tomfoolery he was pulling is the kind which always eventually catches up to you...
I know you're an attorney but.......the actions of several of them (most notably Cohen and Avenatti - but we can throw in Giuliani and a few others lately......I sit there thinking, "These have got to be the guys nobody in their law school class ever actually liked."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know you're an attorney but.......the actions of several of them (most notably Cohen and Avenatti - but we can throw in Giuliani and a few others lately......I sit there thinking, "These have got to be the guys nobody in their law school class ever actually liked."
LOL! Hard to even imagine anyone liking Avenatti. The night Colbert had Avenatti and Scaramucci on was hilarious. The Mooch, despite the fact that he's never practiced law, went to Harvard Law. Avenatti graduated first in his class from GW, and yet he stands accused of embezzling from his own trust fund. That's the reason I said I think something was mentally broken with him. I think he's manic...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'm curious.....who had "no collusion for Trump, jail for Cohen and Avenatti" in the betting pool?
Interesting question. It would appear that the judicial system went all out to protect little Nike against the giant Avenatti. How may times have we seen lawyers go to jail for suing or threatening a huge wealthy corporation with its army of lawyers? I know very little of the case but it can be said the the wheels of justice certainly turned quickly in this case. I wonder!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.