Bama Players in the Transfer Portal (UPDATE: Petty & Kira Returning!!)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: Bama Players in the Transfer Portal (UPDATE: Petty & Kira Returning!!)

The team's body language this year was never good. It's like most of them didn't seem confident in what was happening/their role/their shooting. Considering CNO is said to encourage open looks and taking lots of shots, I think this will be a player's dream. I got really frustrated last year when we'd have guys not take wide open 18-foot jump shots only to drive into traffic and take a contested shot or make an ill-advised pass. That was really our offensive identity last year. Not confident enough to take wide open shots and prefer to overpass and make TO's. I really think the "freedom" to shoot with no consequences will be huge for Mack, Reece and Petty.
I think the beginning of the end was the loss to Northeastern in the Charleston Tourney. We had no energy, Hall was being out hustled as was really most of the team. We had no business losing to that team. They were a plodding less than athletic team that just played together and wanted it more. We thought we'd win just by showing up and Northeastern proved them wrong. I actually thought Giddens was a somewhat lone bright spot in that game and he didn't see the court for almost 2 months after that.

As far as the roster goes, my impression is that Mack should and will be back. I am not sure about Smith, or Fleming. I could see one or both of them leave as the team fills out. Other than that, Obviously, Kira, JP, and Jones will be back. Reese I think will be back. He lost weight this year and is sure to lose more in the off season with the new coach working on his conditioning. He may be much quicker than most people thought. He and JP may be the kids who benefit most from this new system.

On a side note, I can tell the difference in recruiting activity and coaching already. It seems to be a complete different dynamic and culture emerging from Coleman. He is not just saying the right things, he is doing them. It is way too early to declare him as the next great coach, but I like what I am seeing so far.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

I think the beginning of the end was the loss to Northeastern in the Charleston Tourney. We had no energy, Hall was being out hustled as was really most of the team. We had no business losing to that team. They were a plodding less than athletic team that just played together and wanted it more. We thought we'd win just by showing up and Northeastern proved them wrong. I actually thought Giddens was a somewhat lone bright spot in that game and he didn't see the court for almost 2 months after that.

As far as the roster goes, my impression is that Mack should and will be back. I am not sure about Smith, or Fleming. I could see one or both of them leave as the team fills out. Other than that, Obviously, Kira, JP, and Jones will be back. Reese I think will be back. He lost weight this year and is sure to lose more in the off season with the new coach working on his conditioning. He may be much quicker than most people thought. He and JP may be the kids who benefit most from this new system.

On a side note, I can tell the difference in recruiting activity and coaching already. It seems to be a complete different dynamic and culture emerging from Coleman. He is not just saying the right things, he is doing them. It is way too early to declare him as the next great coach, but I like what I am seeing so far.
Enjoyed reading this. Hope you are correct in the last paragraph.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville

Dazon committed to UCF. Admits he wasn't busting it this year.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Where he said that he wasnt busting it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yo.... I just read the article. Yeah, it was obvious from his performance and things that was said about his behavior this year.... Glad he recognized that. I wish him nothing but the best.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Former Alabama basketball standout Dazon Ingram commits to Central Florida

“I knew everyone around there,” he said. “It’s home. I wasn’t putting in as much work as I should. There were a lot of distractions. I loved my time at Alabama but – with this being my last year – I wanted to give basketball everything I’ve got. I’m in the gym all the time right now just striving to be the best I can be.”
IOW, he got complacent. Coaches and/or leaders (as a fourth year player, he should have been one) are the ones that address that.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

He should work on ball handling. And shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL

It's going to be frustrating when he has the year that we all hoped he'd have each season when he came in as a 4 star guy

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

It's going to be frustrating when he has the year that we all hoped he'd have each season when he came in as a 4 star guy
Yes and no ... yes because we all know he has the talent and we would have him rather been successful here ...

No because he also had the opportunity to dedicate himself to getting better. I understand the circumstances of course but him saying he wasn't putting in the work and there were a lot of distractions was very telling.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

After seeing his college game he never fulfilled a 4 star billing, not even close! So I don't see it materializing in a grad transfer year.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia

I hope he'll dedicate himself 100% if playing basketball is what he wants. It's a shame to waste time not giving your best but he owned it and didn't blame others.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

A change of scenery will do him good. I think he has the tools, but would sometimes make bad decisions. I don't think he or anyone else really played hard other than Kira. I wish Dazon luck and hope he does well next year.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

I don't wish him ill, but I'm not wishing him much success either. I'm disappointed in him, and his effort this season. He should be embarrassed to admit that he wasn't giving his best effort. That is tough for me to overlook because all I, and most of us, ask for is your best effort. If it just isn't good enough, then so be it. Where is his pride in his own performance? I'm left wondering why some other school would be all that interested in a kid that openly states he hadn't been trying to be the best player he could be; that's certainly no way to walk into your new clubhouse and impress your new teammates - "Hey, I'm Dazon." "Aren't you the guy that said he was loafing at Alabama, well, welcome, I guess."

Yes, I'm a little bitter but that will pass in a minute or two but the disappointment will hang around a tad longer because of what might have been. Someone once said "the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

I was disappointed in him too he costed us 3 games this year that we should have won. And EDWD58 he will be mediocre at UCF as was with us, TJMO.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.