Bama Players in the Transfer Portal (UPDATE: Petty & Kira Returning!!)

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Re: Kira Lewis in the transfer portal (Update: Petty & Giddens do the same)

He's getting the most attention from other schools, to be sure, but given the good results with Petty, I'm going to stay optimistic that Oats can keep him on side, especially if the coaching uncertainty was Kira's primary reason for entering the portal. Bama's the one school where it's certain he won't sit for a year.
I still think Kira is a long shot at this point.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Maybe, but would he sit next year at Duke waiting a possible shot the following year or stay and become the linchpin and workhorse for an exciting new system in Tuscaloosa? I believe Nate gets it done.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Maybe, but would he sit next year at Duke waiting a possible shot the following year or stay and become the linchpin and workhorse for an exciting new system in Tuscaloosa? I believe Nate gets it done.
I do also. I don't think he tries to get back Dazon and Giddens.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Kira came to Bama for a reason. He could have gone anywhere he wanted to for the most part last year as highly regarded as he was. Why do you think he is a long shot?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I do also. I don't think he tries to get back Dazon and Giddens.
Agree. I wonder about how hard he goes after Reese...

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri....alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri....alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Agree. I wonder about how hard he goes after Reese...

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri....alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIri....alianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Has Reese entered the portal? Or are you meaning how hard Oats will try to keep him in general?

Was Petty a junior? He was a little streaky for me,But if coach wants him back that's fine with me it's his job not mine.
He’ll be a junior this coming season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Kira Lewis in the transfer portal (Update: Petty & Giddens do the same; update -

Reese might be effective in an up tempo spread the floor offense.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Was Petty a junior? He was a little streaky for me,But if coach wants him back that's fine with me it's his job not mine.
He was a sophomore. IMO he was streaky because the team had no identity. With better ball skills and a structured offense he can excel. He's a shooter who lost his stroke. I never understood the sub rotation CAJ employed. Thought it promoted inconsistency.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama

Then you'd NEVER have fired Avery because Alabama is not going to go out and get a Donovan type coach - even though you seem to think it's possible. Kira staying or leaving is not a "test" - the man only has a limited shot to build any type of relationship with the kid. Many of these other coaches are continuing the previous one they had developed prior to Kira leaving HS. Any way you cut it, the odds are greater on Kira leaving rather than staying.

How about trying this approach instead... reserve judgment/emotions until next fall when a team trots out on the floor and actually plays a game. Also, you need to stop playing down his actual tract record - especially comparing him to Grant. VCU is not Buffalo - go research both and see which school has a longer track record of success.
One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet,one year at Bama may feel more like home than transferring would, did a little research he is from the Huntsville area,but I didn't look to see if he is a military brat and use to moving around.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Kira came to Bama for a reason. He could have gone anywhere he wanted to for the most part last year as highly regarded as he was. Why do you think he is a long shot?
His mom and dad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Has Reese entered the portal? Or are you meaning how hard Oats will try to keep him in general?

He’ll be a junior this coming season.

I thought Reese had. Could be wrong...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Re: Kira Lewis in the transfer portal (Update: Petty & Giddens do the same; update -

Reese might be effective in an up tempo spread the floor offense.

I'm not knocking him but Reese is as slow as Christmas. So is Galin. Both will struggle in an uptempo offense. I'm not saying that can't be used in some way, just in a fast-paced, up-tempo offense they will struggle.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I'm not knocking him but Reese is as slow as Christmas. So is Galin. Both will struggle in an uptempo offense.
They both need to get in better shape. As does the entire team. Hopefully CNO brings his own S&C coach because I’m not impressed with the current guy we have..

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Is there, like, a "Becoming a Better In-bounder Portal?" 'Bama could confidently place half the existing roster in that portal - even those with no "ostensible" eligibility left because, well, you never know if there's going to be an "Extend Your D1 Eligibility for Another Decade or So Portal" and you just never Norr- er, never know who might some day (not too soon) come back into the program!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.