Bama Players in the Transfer Portal (UPDATE: Petty & Kira Returning!!)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Kira Lewis in the transfer portal (Update: Petty & Giddens do the same; update -

I'm not knocking him but Reese is as slow as Christmas. So is Galin. Both will struggle in an uptempo offense. I'm not saying that can't be used in some way, just in a fast-paced, up-tempo offense they will struggle.
He said he needs 4 shooters -- Smith can be #5.....he hustles...but would get winded easily....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: Kira Lewis in the transfer portal (Update: Petty & Giddens do the same; update -

Is there, like, a "Becoming a Better In-bounder Portal?" 'Bama could confidently place half the existing roster in that portal - even those with no "ostensible" eligibility left because, well, you never know if there's going to be an "Extend Your D1 Eligibility for Another Decade or So Portal" and you just never Norr- er, never know who might some day (not too soon) come back into the program!
We definitely need this new player named Niley Rorris.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

They both need to get in better shape. As does the entire team. Hopefully CNO brings his own S&C coach because I’m not impressed with the current guy we have..
Forget his name, but I read Avery's guy is gone.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Forget his name, but I read Avery's guy is gone.
Lou....deneen....

I haven't seen his name pop up but I think it is safe to say he'll be moving on. Oats probably got his guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Maybe I'm just not the biggest Kira fan...... his PG skills were lacking. He's a slasher who can shoot a decent three, and can dribble/drive -- but not really a true point guard.
I thought his main issue was he was to young to go up against all those older point guards. He has good vision and his handles are not bad he just needs more force.
well, it's not a gamebreaker having a combo guard which is how i would classify Kira. Thats the thing now days. But i do wish we had a true, experienced point.
Kira will likely be a top ten point guard in all of college basketball next year. It can't be said enough he should have been a senior in high school this year. He will have a year of experience under his belt and an entire off season to get better.
Maybe, but would he sit next year at Duke waiting a possible shot the following year or stay and become the linchpin and workhorse for an exciting new system in Tuscaloosa? I believe Nate gets it done.
I heard he was really upset with the some of the ugly comments on social media following his needing energy from the crowd comment. I can assure you Duke fans, Kentucky fans, Kansas fans would not have reacted the way our fans did. You had people straight calling him an idiot.
Kira came to Bama for a reason. He could have gone anywhere he wanted to for the most part last year as highly regarded as he was. Why do you think he is a long shot?
He came to Bama because Coach Johnson told his parents he would take care of him like he was his son.
Was Petty a junior? He was a little streaky for me,But if coach wants him back that's fine with me it's his job not mine.
Petty has potential. He showed growth from year one to year two. If he makes another similar leap he is going to be very good next year.
His mom and dad.
Yep they love Coach AJ
They both need to get in better shape. As does the entire team. Hopefully CNO brings his own S&C coach because I’m not impressed with the current guy we have..
All our guys need a good year under a great SC coach.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Here's hoping Kira stays with the good guys. I seriously believe that he can grown under CNO. We have the possibility of a really good core if Kira comes back.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

As far as Petty staying. That's pretty big, he's a legit shooter that showed some development. Seems like Oats isn't going to get in the way of guys he's not sure about, so seems like he wanted Petty.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I heard he was really upset with the some of the ugly comments on social media following his needing energy from the crowd comment. I can assure you Duke fans, Kentucky fans, Kansas fans would not have reacted the way our fans did. You had people straight calling him an idiot.
I hope Kira returns because I think he is a solid player who will continue to get better. However, if he thinks some Bama fans are critical, just try having a turnover that loses a game for UK, KU, or Duke. In other words, think about how critical some of our fans are in football when we lose. He needs to go where he feels he will be happy, but he also needs to understand that all fan bases have idiots who will criticize a kid for many reasons. I hope he at least gives Coach Oats an opportunity to have a good conversation with him.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

As far as Petty staying. That's pretty big, he's a legit shooter that showed some development. Seems like Oats isn't going to get in the way of guys he's not sure about, so seems like he wanted Petty.
I think he wants Kira Lewis too.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

LOL, Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas fans would have reacted worse! I don't excuse our idiot fans who engaged him at all on social media, especially in a negative way. But I sincerely hope he doesn't think it would be better in the fish bowls of those blue bloods.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Social media is a very double-edged sword, and Kira is learning all about that. He is a young guy so it is understandable that he wouldn't anticipate some negative reaction to his comments, but it's a lesson he needed to learn if he is going to continue living a 'public' life.

rtr

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Well Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook haven't learned their lesson.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

He is a young guy so it is understandable that he wouldn't anticipate some negative reaction to his comments
I seem to recall Terry Saban getting a lot of negative reaction from fans when she made a very accurate comment about them. So yeah, people have to anticipate negative reactions but it helps if the fans aren't being counterproductive and entitled as well.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

LOL, Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas fans would have reacted worse! I don't excuse our idiot fans who engaged him at all on social media, especially in a negative way. But I sincerely hope he doesn't think it would be better in the fish bowls of those blue bloods.
You know what happens when fans are the least bit critical of one of Dukes players? Coach K calls out the fans. He got on the fans for saying RJ Barrett was playing "hero ball". It was true what the fans were saying but Coach K nipped that in the bud real quick. I remember him saying his kids were only 19 years old and they were playing winning ball not hero ball. Think about that...he got on a small segment of fans for something as benign as that. I work in that triangle area quite a bit and I can tell you those fans are very sophisticated. They know criticizing their own players never leads to good results. JJ Redick called out Duke fans after a loss. The fans response we need to give the players more support.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You know what happens when fans are the least bit critical of one of Dukes players? Coach K calls out the fans. He got on the fans for saying RJ Barrett was playing "hero ball". It was true what the fans were saying but Coach K nipped that in the bud real quick. I remember him saying his kids were only 19 years old and they were playing winning ball not hero ball. Think about that...he got on a small segment of fans for something as benign as that. I work in that triangle area quite a bit and I can tell you those fans are very sophisticated. They know criticizing their own players never leads to good results. JJ Redick called out Duke fans after a loss. The fans response we need to give the players more support.
Yeah, but when was the last time that Duke played so poorly over an extended period of time that they deserved that type of support? Ripping Duke players is like ripping Foster for his missed FGs - it reeks of immaturity. But getting upset about an NIT bid and choosing not to attend that game is something different altogether.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

But getting upset about an NIT bid and choosing not to attend that game is something different altogether.
The problem is a lot of Alabama fans only want to get really worked up when things are going wrong. I mean seriously, are they heavily investing in the basketball program when things are going well? Do they become the best fans in the SEC when Alabama is tournament bound? No... but when things are going poorly they darn sure can throw a fit. That's the issue I have. They get mad when the team is losing, but they're support is still unexceptional during the best of times.

They're good at writing checks to fire coaches, and complain when things aren't going well. But what do they do when things are going great? They're just sorta ok... they haven't earned the right as I see it to nitpick a players they only half-heartedly support. The least they can do if they're not going to do a lot to support the program otherwise, is may be not trying to run off the best players on the team.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Social media is a very double-edged sword, and Kira is learning all about that. He is a young guy so it is understandable that he wouldn't anticipate some negative reaction to his comments, but it's a lesson he needed to learn if he is going to continue living a 'public' life.

rtr
Some of our players should do like Collin Sexton and just stay away from social media.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

You mean one of their 3 in a season, maybe? Not a season of poor effort and squandered opportunities? We had the number one team in the country beat, couldn’t hit free throws. We lost games to far superior teams on effort alone. Fans ha be a reason to be critical of this program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.