News Article: Alabama Hires Nate Oats From Buffalo - Page 9
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: Alabama Set to Hire Nate Oats From Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Huge difference between recruiting in Buffalo NY and Tuscaloosa. He has zero ties here in the southeast. He may blow us a way at the press conference, but from the outside looking in, it feels like we whiffed.

I've said we need someone to change the culture here. I thought we need a big name to that. As the wise man once said. WE'LL SEE!
    Can't whiff if the first guy you offer comes on board. Big names have to start somewhere. The AD at LSU that hired Nick away from Michigan State sure looks like a genius.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Wasting no time on the recruiting trail....

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bundt/statu...17827480334343

Lukewarm on the hire and in a "Let's see what he can do" mode. Not thrilled about the HP offense, becuase we still have to make shots and handle the ball well when the defense pushes the ball out to around half-court. That's been the story the past 13 years. Let's see! I still remember the CMG HP offense.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

I'm excited by the hire and will be a supporter. I know I'll be making several trips to Coleman next year after not taking in a single game there this year for the first time since the 1999 season. We don't know how successful he will be, but by the same token there is no guarantee that Matta or <insert the big name you were hoping for> would be any more successful. Coach Saban taught us that everyone has a job to do and for us fans it is to cheer on our players. So, regardless of who you wanted as coach, Oats is now our guy and it's time to get behind him or get out of his way.

Welcome Coach Oats, looking forward to good times and big wins. RTR!!!
    Last edited by edwd58; March 27th, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

BamaNation All-American

Thanks, RTR ! Wouldn't it be great for Bama hoops to be fun to watch ? I like the hire !
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

A couple of things I like about this guy.

First, the guy doesn't act like the job is "too big for him". He needs that when recruiting head to head versus some of the top teams in this league and the country.

Second, Oats certainly isn't a "shrinking violet". The guy isn't afraid to say what he thinks and owns it like a boss.

I'm not going to predict he is going bring a SEC championship to Tuscaloosa, but I think this guy is at least going to be fun to watch.
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

I like he's smart, young, energetic. Young enough to relate to these young kids. I'm not going be neg until theirs something to be Neg about. A winner where ever he has been.
    Last edited by ontopp; March 27th, 2019 at 04:52 PM.
    This is the beginning of a new day.God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or or use it for good.What I do today is very important because Im exchanging a day of my life for it.When tommorow comes,this day will be gone forever. Leaving something in its place I have traded for it. I want it to be a gain, not loss - good, not evil. Success, not failure in order that I Shall not forget the price I paid for it.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    The REAL question: do we rename Coleman to “Oats Hall” or the “Hall of Oats”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Think Hall & Oats has already been played
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    Lukewarm on the hire and in a "Let's see what he can do" mode. Not thrilled about the HP offense, becuase we still have to make shots and handle the ball well when the defense pushes the ball out to around half-court. That's been the story the past 13 years. Let's see! I still remember the CMG HP offense.
    It's OK for the HP to be part of your offense. It's not OK for it to be your total offense, as with CMG...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's OK for the HP to be part of your offense. It's not OK for it to be your total offense, as with CMG...
    This.

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RKel32 View Post
    Wasting no time on the recruiting trail....

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bundt/statu...17827480334343
    Giddens replacement

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I know......just brings back those days. I'm hoping that he is as good as advertised and is up tempo.
    Football changes and so do people. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Oops....forgot to link