*** 2019 C Raymond Hawkins Commits to Bama ****

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: 2019 C Raymond Hawkins

True ... my only concern is not seeing any defensive plays on his highlights but he has a lot of upside that could make him a talented player. Hoping he signs with the good guys.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

True ... my only concern is not seeing any defensive plays on his highlights but he has a lot of upside that could make him a talented player. Hoping he signs with the good guys.
Defense can be taught moreso than offense. I doubt that many high schools are going to be good defensive players right off the bat especially if they played a lot of AAU ball.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Defense can be taught moreso than offense. I doubt that many high schools are going to be good defensive players right off the bat especially if they played a lot of AAU ball.
True ... he seems to fit CNOs style of play very well. Here's hoping he rolls with the Tide.

While CNO is at it, I hope he reaches out to this young man as well: https://247sports.com/Player/Precious-Achiuwa-86978/

If we can land, Watford, Hawkins and pull in one more top recruit ... this can possibly end up a top-10 recruiting class. That would be a heck of a turnaround from where we were trending.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

True ... he seems to fit CNOs style of play very well. Here's hoping he rolls with the Tide.

While CNO is at it, I hope he reaches out to this young man as well: https://247sports.com/Player/Precious-Achiuwa-86978/

If we can land, Watford, Hawkins and pull in one more top recruit ... this can possibly end up a top-10 recruiting class. That would be a heck of a turnaround from where we were trending.
We need another PG. If Kira transfer then we need 2 PG's.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Assuming Petty, Lewis stays and Gidden and Ingram leaves....

I think we need to add another player who can slide back and forth between PF and C... and then a back up for Lewis.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I also think Hawkins is a good get. He will likely sign with us.. because he loves Oat. the chance to play for Alabama... over Buffalo... HUGE!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

He looks a lot like JaMychal Green. Now, if he can play like him...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

he is MAD underrated in my opinion. He would fit in nicely with CNOs offensive system:

Here are a few videos of him in action:

<br>
Shows his all around game ... reminds me of athletic KG was coming out of HS.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Good looking player. He could be a nice addition to the program.

rtr

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

What time is his announcement is 8 pm central?
Correct, he is announcing today at 8pm central time. His twitter page has his top 5 as Arkansas, Arizona State, Buffalo, Depaul, and Mississippi State but the date on it is February 18. I know we only offered him this week so hopefully we have replaced Buffalo and he really wants to play for Coach Oats. Obviously CNO thinks highly of him and apparently that was his first offer as an Alabama coach. His last several tweets are retweets all related to Alabama which may or may not mean anything. No other school that I saw although I did not spend too much on his twitter feed.

Last edited:

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

he is MAD underrated in my opinion. He would fit in nicely with CNOs offensive system:

Here are a few videos of him in action:

<br>
Shows his all around game ... reminds me of athletic KG was coming out of HS.
Kid in the first vid, # 4, is a player too. That one pass to Hawkins reminded me of a player that we had for a year. If he can shoot, get them both.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.