AAF may fold - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: AAF may fold

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: AAF may fold

never saw a single play
    never gave a crap
    well.........bye
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

AAF may fold

I havenít watched a single minute since week 2. Just wasnít interesting enough and I didnít like most of the rule changes.

Also, so many people praised it for the quality of football on the field. I didnít see that in the first 2 weeks. So many mistakes, so many amateur mishaps, it felt like high school football.

Plus, after a full season of Bama football, I honestly was ready for a break from hogging our weekends with football. So was my wife. Maybe it was just the way Bamaís year ended but, I have had my fill of football for now.
    Last edited by CrimsonNagus; March 28th, 2019 at 03:08 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I can't believe the league might fold before the season is over.

BamaNation All-SEC

Man ... hating this has been playing out this way. I've actually been enjoying the season. Hoping they can figure out some way to make this work. Hate that they players are dealing with this, can tell they've been enjoying being able to play again.

BamaNation All-SEC

I do not understand how a labor pool issue would shut down the AAF with two games left in the season? They have the teams and coaches to play out the season. It makes no sense at all to not finish this year.

Rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    I do not understand how a labor pool issue would shut down the AAF with two games left in the season? They have the teams and coaches to play out the season. It makes no sense at all to not finish this year.

Rtr
    Basically Dundon is the money, and either he is trying to strong arm the NFL into committing or he was led to believe that Ebersol had the agreement with the NFLPA already and just now finding out. Basically if Dundon bails then its probably over then and there unless Vince or someone interested with money swoops into save the day. I think Ebersol should really beg Vince to buy him out at this point because I don't see the PA budging at all on these stipulations.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

He is a billionaire , he must need a write off.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Apparently they can stop football.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Hate it for the players. I knew many players who lost their jobs when the original Arena Football League failed. It was painful to countless families.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

You know what is great for the future of your football league? Releasing info that spawns a billion articles where you are complaining about how you may have to shut down because of someone else.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Yeah, I was going to go to a game this weekend but I don't trust businesses that are close to going out of business to give me a worthwhile service.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think Dundon took over just to kill the league. Why? So he could sell the tech they developed to the NFL, NHL, maybe even the XFL and other leagues. There is no way he invested the entire 250 million either. This guy is as big a sleaze ball as Vince McMann. There are thousands of people affected by this and he couldn't care less.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPassion's Avatar

So, this guy is going to be out of another job?

Attached Images Attached Images