AAF may fold - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: AAF may fold

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: AAF may fold

Its beyond ridiculous to think the AAF needs NFL practice players when there are so many name players out of the NFL available that still want to play. Most guys are out of the league by year 4. Just fill rosters with local hero's and former NFL veterans and you will have entertaining football. It sure beats anything else the networks air.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

By reading the posts in this topic:

Seems like AAF got bought by a guy who had ideas about how the talent pool would be composed and is going to just fold the operation if it doesn't go that way. Hate to see it because this was a sustainable model for a league. Gotta wonder if this was encouraged to buy the league and find a reason to shutter it.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    They are going to fold, because Birmingham will be in the playoffs.
    Why in blue?
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Why in blue?
    Because Birmingham clinched a playoff spot in a league that may be gone tomorrow

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    By reading the posts in this topic:

Seems like AAF got bought by a guy who had ideas about how the talent pool would be composed and is going to just fold the operation if it doesn't go that way. Hate to see it because this was a sustainable model for a league. Gotta wonder if this was encouraged to buy the league and find a reason to shutter it.
    Some have suggested Vince McMahon and the XFL are running a smear campaign against the AAF. I don't know if the claims have any truth but it wouldn't surprise me.

I watched the second half of the Birmingham game today. I actually enjoyed it.Trent ran well, they changed QBs he was more dynamic, and the game was entertaining. Plus I watched Aaron Murray lose again to an Alabama team!
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Because Birmingham clinched a playoff spot in a league that may be gone tomorrow
    I guess my response should have been in blue as well...

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I watched the second half of the Birmingham game today. I actually enjoyed it.Trent ran well, they changed QBs he was more dynamic, and the game was entertaining. Plus I watched Aaron Murray lose again to an Alabama team!
    Perez just doesn't move well with the ball. I think that Price actually only had two or three decent throws, but just the fact that he could move around with the ball made a big difference.

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Perez just doesn't move well with the ball. I think that Price actually only had two or three decent throws, but just the fact that he could move around with the ball made a big difference.

rtr
    which is wild, because Week 1, I thought Perez really had something going

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I read an article about the league possibly folding last week and I got the feeling the owners of the league never intended it to be a stand alone league but a sales pitch to the NFL to acquire the league and use it as a developmental league much like NFL Europe. I never watched one AAF game and it's gotten to the point that I barely watch the NFL anymore.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; April 1st, 2019 at 04:23 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

SMH - literally everything I heard about this league gave me some confidence, now it looks like it's all a house of cards.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    SMH - literally everything I heard about this league gave me some confidence, now it looks like it's all a house of cards.
    To go further, they lied to the fans about the support that they said was in place. Fraud.