AAF may fold - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: AAF may fold

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: AAF may fold

Iíve watched a few snippets of various games televised on the nfl network and have not been impressed with any aspect of the AAF. Iím open to a spring football league but as of yet I havenít seen a business model for one that I thought would work. The USFL got close but without major TV contracts and an adversarial relationship with the NFL they were doomed(Thank you, Donald Trump).
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-SEC

If it does fold before at least finishing this season Polian and Ebersol will have lost all credibility they had with the public, the media, etc. I am very surprised because I thought that if anyone would know how to do this, they would.

rtr

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC

Just sad ... hope they get this worked out seriously.

BamaNation First Team

I knew there was a catch. So the majority owner just corporate raided a fledgling football league over a gambling app. Don't be surprised if this gets really messy after all the smoke clears.

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

This is why they needed to have someone that was committed to their success and not someone that was trying to get the patented products.

BamaNation All-SEC

How many hundreds of coaches, players and staff will lose a paycheck over this? How many fans will be disappointed? Some people just really don't mind screwing over others for their own benefit. First Trump and now this guy.

rtr

While this might have been the result of a raid on their assets, the door was opened when the league was having trouble making payroll. This venture never had solid financial standing.

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    First Trump and now this guy.
    Really? I see no similarities.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; April 2nd, 2019 at 01:06 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    How many hundreds of coaches, players and staff will lose a paycheck over this? How many fans will be disappointed? Some people just really don't mind screwing over others for their own benefit. First Trump and now this guy.

rtr
    Tbf to Trump, he did try to do something that was trying to get the league to prominence but it just failed. I think the best way to go is to have some hard core investors that are willing to give it 3-4 to see if it has profit. Thatís why The xfl will probably survive this time for at least 3 years. The AAF just took the wrong money in a desperate situation.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    While this might have been the result of a raid on their assets, the door was opened when the league was having trouble making payroll. This venture never had solid financial standing.

Really?
    I know that the USFL had it's problems (I think one franchise went from Boston to New Orleans to Portland over the three seasons of the league), but there was some solid core there that I really wanted to survive, and Trump, somehow, killed the league. What can I say, I was a big Stallions fan.

rtr