AAF may fold

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
By reading the posts in this topic:

Seems like AAF got bought by a guy who had ideas about how the talent pool would be composed and is going to just fold the operation if it doesn't go that way. Hate to see it because this was a sustainable model for a league. Gotta wonder if this was encouraged to buy the league and find a reason to shutter it.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
By reading the posts in this topic:

Seems like AAF got bought by a guy who had ideas about how the talent pool would be composed and is going to just fold the operation if it doesn't go that way. Hate to see it because this was a sustainable model for a league. Gotta wonder if this was encouraged to buy the league and find a reason to shutter it.
Some have suggested Vince McMahon and the XFL are running a smear campaign against the AAF. I don't know if the claims have any truth but it wouldn't surprise me.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I watched the second half of the Birmingham game today. I actually enjoyed it.Trent ran well, they changed QBs he was more dynamic, and the game was entertaining. Plus I watched Aaron Murray lose again to an Alabama team!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I watched the second half of the Birmingham game today. I actually enjoyed it.Trent ran well, they changed QBs he was more dynamic, and the game was entertaining. Plus I watched Aaron Murray lose again to an Alabama team!
Perez just doesn't move well with the ball. I think that Price actually only had two or three decent throws, but just the fact that he could move around with the ball made a big difference.

rtr

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Perez just doesn't move well with the ball. I think that Price actually only had two or three decent throws, but just the fact that he could move around with the ball made a big difference.

rtr
which is wild, because Week 1, I thought Perez really had something going

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I read an article about the league possibly folding last week and I got the feeling the owners of the league never intended it to be a stand alone league but a sales pitch to the NFL to acquire the league and use it as a developmental league much like NFL Europe. I never watched one AAF game and it's gotten to the point that I barely watch the NFL anymore.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
SMH - literally everything I heard about this league gave me some confidence, now it looks like it's all a house of cards.
To go further, they lied to the fans about the support that they said was in place. Fraud.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I’ve watched a few snippets of various games televised on the nfl network and have not been impressed with any aspect of the AAF. I’m open to a spring football league but as of yet I haven’t seen a business model for one that I thought would work. The USFL got close but without major TV contracts and an adversarial relationship with the NFL they were doomed(Thank you, Donald Trump).

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
If it does fold before at least finishing this season Polian and Ebersol will have lost all credibility they had with the public, the media, etc. I am very surprised because I thought that if anyone would know how to do this, they would.

rtr

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I knew there was a catch. So the majority owner just corporate raided a fledgling football league over a gambling app. Don't be surprised if this gets really messy after all the smoke clears.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.