Game Thread: Elite Eight and forward thread (individual threads for final 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Re: Elite Eight and forward thread...

I think Michigan St might be the only one that could stop Auburn.

Duke: is very very lucky to be alive
Texas Tech: I fear they will try to shoot with Auburn
Virginia: Same as above
Yes, Michigan St is my best bet, although it would fun to watch anyone but Auburn run around/beneath the infallible Zion. Texas Tech on a given night could go shot for shot with AU, but wouldn't have the firepower on ANY given night.

....If that kid from New Mexico St. could've hit his gosh-darn free throws, this mess would've never unfolded...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I'll tip my hat to the aubies they are having a great run, but that is as far as I will go. I have never ever pulled for them in anything and dont plan on starting. That being said I won't lose any sleep tonight over UK losing today either.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I've always liked Duke since the early 80's.

I would say 'I don't get the hate'.... but I do.

It's for the same reasons everyone hates Alabama's Football program..... Sustained Greatness.

But if you grew up playing Basketball and watching Basketball I don't know how one can't at least appreciate their brand and especially Coach K.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I'll tip my hat to the aubies they are having a great run, but that is as far as I will go. I have never ever pulled for them in anything and dont plan on starting. That being said I won't lose any sleep tonight over UK losing today either.
At the very least I would hope it helps our “powers that be” start to treat the basketball program with more respect. There has been a lot of talk lately of how Alabama’s basketball program just is what it is and we should just learn to accept it. Maybe Auburn’s success will change some of that perception.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

It's for the same reasons everyone hates Alabama's Football program..... Sustained Greatness.

But if you grew up playing Basketball and watching Basketball I don't know how one can't at least appreciate their brand and especially Coach K.
I don't hate Duke, and I often find myself pulling for them in the tournament. Its just I don't like teams that just get lucky after getting the easiest road in the tournament. I get getting lucky against an elite opponent, but that hasn't been the case with UCF and VT.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It’s not for me. I do appreciate the greatness. But I’m glad you mentioned the Alabama football comparison. The difference is this and it’s why I have the hate: over the last decade Alabama has been at a consistent disadvantage with the referees in football. It’s been well documented. Duke and Kentucky are almost never in that position in basketball.

oh and I forgot how each one is treated by the media.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

It’s not for me. I do appreciate the greatness. But I’m glad you mentioned the Alabama football comparison. The difference is this and it’s why I have the hate: over the last decade Alabama has been at a consistent disadvantage with the referees in football. It’s been well documented. Duke and Kentucky are almost never in that position in basketball.
Well there is a reason USCe defected from the ACC and it had a lot to do with how dirty North Carolina (primarily Duke and UNC) were in basketball recruiting.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

At the very least I would hope it helps our “powers that be” start to treat the basketball program with more respect. There has been a lot of talk lately of how Alabama’s basketball program just is what it is and we should just learn to accept it. Maybe Auburn’s success will change some of that perception.
I hope you are correct. There is no reason nor
excuse why Bama can not be just as good as Auburn year in and year out in any sport. Of course in saying that the aubies are just simply having that magical run this season that obviously does not happen too often, since this is the first time either school has made it further then the elite 8 . We shall see if their success continues into next season at this same level but I highly doubt it.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I don't hate Duke, and I often find myself pulling for them in the tournament. Its just I don't like teams that just get lucky after getting the easiest road in the tournament. I get getting lucky against an elite opponent, but that hasn't been the case with UCF and VT.
I agree with you about UCF but VT was legit this season . And l agree with tusk n raider about hating teams for their success it's the very reason I despise the Yankees. Which really makes me wonder why I do despise Auburn so much because the only thing they have ever had sustained success in is swimming and diving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.