Game Thread: Elite Eight and forward thread (individual threads for final 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: Elite Eight and forward thread...

I swear every time I think they are due, they don't.
Yeah, the Red Raiders just kept on coming. Every time I thought Gonzaga was about to take control, TT would do something to keep control. They hustled. They played defense. They hit free throws. It's amazing how just those things make the game very enjoyable to watch. I watched most of this game and enjoyed it. I am hoping Coach Oats can have us playing that way very soon.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Congrats to Virginia. After last year's embarrassment, good to see them make it this far.
I didn't watch the second game, but I am also glad to see Virginia make it. I like their brand of basketball very much, and I hated to see them get labeled as underachievers after being the first one seed to lose in the first round last year. There are five games remaining to determine a champion, and all of them have the potential to be very good games.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Congrats to Virginia. After last year's embarrassment, good to see them make it this far.
I didn't watch the second game, but I am also glad to see Virginia make it. I like their brand of basketball very much, and I hated to see them get labeled as underachievers after being the first one seed to lose in the first round last year. There are five games remaining to determine a champion, and all of them have the potential to be very good games.
In agreement with both posts.

Purdue had this game won - but couldn't finish. How many games have we seen the same thing happen this season?

Just Pure Madness......:eek:

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama

That was a great game. UVA showed a lot of hustle late in that one. TTU looks like they are going to be a tough out in the Final Four.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

It’s a shame someone had to lose the UVA/Purdue game. These games show how far we are from the big time right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

In agreement with both posts.

Purdue had this game won - but couldn't finish. How many games have we seen the same thing happen this season?

Just Pure Madness......:eek:
I think they had to rely on one player too much in the end. Edwards was great, but his last 2 plays were not so great.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

It’s a shame someone had to lose the UVA/Purdue game. These games show how far we are from the big time right now.

Interesting - all I could think while watching that game is Bama and Florida will both be in the Final Four next season - yeah - we got this!

:)

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)

Games like this are why I haven't filled out any brackets in the last 10 years. Just to be able to sit back and watch good basketball without having to root for a team that I don't especially like but have winning in my bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Aaaaaand here come the nerves.

Don't like our chances without Chuma.
If your guys play fast and with the same intensity that they did vs North Carolina then it's going to be a good game.

Odds are your guys can't possibly knock down 3's like the other night though..... it was INSANE. I mean I thought I was watching NBA JAM and all your shooters had rings of fire around them..... something like 66% from Deep in the 2nd half.

But man you guys HUSTLE..... I'm talking CRASHING the boards on both ends, SWAT Blocking shots, picking pockets right and left creating all kinds of fast break madness.

Oh and I hate that Chuma went down.... he was the best player on the floor the other night by far.

But.....If Kentucky is even remotely 'off' and AU plays that hard again I think you guys pull off the 'upset' and become the 1st team from the state to make the Final Four.

Good Luck 'Dub

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

If your guys play fast and with the same intensity that they did vs North Carolina then it's going to be a good game.

Odds are your guys can't possibly knock down 3's like the other night though..... it was INSANE. I mean I thought I was watching NBA JAM and all your shooters had rings of fire around them..... something like 66% from Deep in the 2nd half.

But man you guys HUSTLE..... I'm talking CRASHING the boards on both ends, SWAT Blocking shots, picking pockets right and left creating all kinds of fast break madness.

Oh and I hate that Chuma went down.... he was the best player on the floor the other night by far.

But.....If Kentucky is even remotely 'off' and AU plays that hard again I think you guys pull off the 'upset' and become the 1st team from the state to make the Final Four.

Good Luck 'Dub
We’ve done it for 11 straight now, but yeah we’re due for a poor shooting night.

Chuma is just such such an irreplaceable loss for us. Purifoy can shoot every bit as well, but we have no one who has Chuma’s ability to lock down the opposing team’s best player or replace his rebounding - especially on the offensive end - or his driving or post presence.

Can only hope it galvanizes this team and we hit them hard early.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

With what Auburn is doing and what Texas Tech has done, there’s no reason we can’t be more competitive than we’ve been lately. Here’s hoping our new coach can get us going.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Elite Eight and forward thread...

Can’t stand. AU. Hope they lose today in heartbreaking fashion. That is all..

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

Good luck AUDub, hope it turns out good for you.

I have honestly found myself pulling for them some and that is so weird because I never pull for Auburn. Their style of play is so much fun to watch, especially compared to what we showed this year. Also doesn’t help that I was one of the few around here that wanted Grant home a year earlier and to go after Pearl. I’m just sitting thinking, what if this was Bama.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy the game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Barn down 9-3 at the first break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.