Auburn's Okeke has torn ACL
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Auburn's Okeke has torn ACL

"Chuma Okeke, Auburn's top rebounder and third-leading scorer, was injured in the second half of Friday night's Sweet 16 victory over North Carolina. He was the Tigers' leading scorer against the Tar Heels with 20 points. The sophomore is scheduled to have surgery Tuesday with noted orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ft-heartbroken

Confirmed ACL tear. Very tough break for Auburn. Going up against UKY today w/o their top guy. I do think that having 7 teams in the madness and 2 in the 8 and 1 guaranteed in the 4 helps SEC going forward - and that can be great for Alabama if Oats can put this thing back together.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Auburn's Okeke has torn ACL

Man, I hated to hear that for Mr. Okeke. He played a great game against UNC. Injuries stink, but that is part of life. I hope that he heels and can get back to 100% for AU next year. AU v. UK, blue-blood v. upstart, Cal v. Pearl, both teams missing a key player- it should be an interesting game today. The MSU v. Duke game should be good, too.