Game Thread: Auburn beats Kentucky in OT

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
CBS gotta hate seeing all these blueblood being slaughtered and only left with a boring dirty-work blueblood (Sparty)

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Auburn has had an amazing run. I didn't think there was any way they would beat UNC and then I thought they wouldn't get by UK without Okeke. Somehow they just keep finding a way.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
They can easily beat all three teams that are left. They’ll probably win it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imdone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 18, 2019
I'm actually hoping Auburn wins it all,(SEC) but I'd bet on Michigan State because of Izzo.

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Congrats, y’all played awfully hard. Kentucky’s bigs were not athletic enough or healthy enough to finish consistently at the rim, and outside of 15 feet they were just awful.

We shot like crap from 3 today though. 7/23. Still somehow pulled it out with Jared’s drives and Bryce’s timely midrange jumpers with the occasional 3.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Can’t pull for them either, but they are on a danged impressive run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neither can I. Bruce Pearl is a carnival barking sideshow snake oil salesman. The guy is so slimy every time he goes to the beach, the eels jump out of the water just to avoid him.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
All these Bama people fawning over Perl's team makes me want to Vomit. Why don't they just castrate the new coach while they are at it. Little hard to recruit players when our own people say you should go play for Perl. Saw a tweet from Preston Dial this morning pledging his love for Auburn basketball. We just don't teach these kids the proper HATRED for auburn. Such was not necessary when I grew up. We understood there were two great evils in the world, Aloph Hitler and AUBURN. To loath them with all your heart mind and soul was akin to Godliness.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I thought on selection day that Auburn may have been screwed for being a 5 seed but they were blessed with being in the weakest region.

Defense won the game for Auburn; they couldn't completely stop UK's inside players but did a great job on taking away 3-pointers and disrupting secondary passes near the bucket. UK seems a little weak at the guard positions.

AU did not shoot well but adjusted their offense enough to get some points and managed to hit a couple of three's late to help in the trade of 3-point for 2-point baskets.

UK shot 12-21 at the free throw line.

Side note because AU deserved the game but something that sticks with me because college ref's rarely call it while NBA (what little I watch) ref's call it all the time...AU's point guard got away with a massive offensive foul on one of his late drives in the game; wrapped his left arm around the defender's hip and kept it there as he drove in for a layup with his right hand. It was as blatant as I've ever seen.

I don't mind Auburn winning but really dislike Pearl and all he represents and I hate for him to win. Good news is that UK and Calipari did not make it to the Final Four.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I thought on selection day that Auburn may have been screwed for being a 5 seed but they were blessed with being in the weakest region.

Defense won the game for Auburn; they couldn't completely stop UK's inside players but did a great job on taking away 3-pointers and disrupting secondary passes near the bucket. UK seems a little weak at the guard positions.

AU did not shoot well but adjusted their offense enough to get some points and managed to hit a couple of three's late to help in the trade of 3-point for 2-point baskets.

UK shot 12-21 at the free throw line.

Side note because AU deserved the game but something that sticks with me because college ref's rarely call it while NBA (what little I watch) ref's call it all the time...AU's point guard got away with a massive offensive foul on one of his late drives in the game; wrapped his left arm around the defender's hip and kept it there as he drove in for a layup with his right hand. It was as blatant as I've ever seen.
Seriously? The officiating has been against Auburn from the start. Haven't you heard? There is a grand conspiracy by the officiating community to do their best to stop this Auburn run. If the officiating had not been so biased against them in the first four games, the Final Four in Minneapolis would have been cancelled, Auburn awarded the trophy, and the Auburn Athletic Department petitioning the NBA to have them placed in the NBA finals by default. Ask Sonny Smith, Rod Bramblett or most any Auburn fan.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good win Barners ... just know next year we're coming for you and the entire SEC

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Auburn has had an amazing run. I didn't think there was any way they would beat UNC and then I thought they wouldn't get by UK without Okeke. Somehow they just keep finding a way.
Maybe if Kentucky could hit more than 50% of their free throws down the stretch. I don't know. Just crazy talk, I guess.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.