Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Just curious, was he ever recruited at any point by the "Rifleman"...?
No. Steven Pearl likely closed this one out when he reeled in Okoro.

This would be incredible. Immediately a starter. Unfortunately will likely be a one and done, but in great position going forward with Jared’s departure. He and McCormick can run the O next year and keep up in great position for another run, allowing us to take our time with Turbo Jones before he’s asked to run the offense.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
6’5 wing Rayjon Tucker is visiting this weekend. UNC is the favorite, but we’re very much in it and Wes Flanagan is the guy who recruited him to Arkansas-Little Rock. A Malik Dunbar type playmaker with better shooting.

Gonna be interesting how we work this out should he commit and Cooper decide’s to come to AU early. 6 scholarships to give. We have 7 on scholarship and signed 5 in the 2019 class. That leaves us with 1 to give if everyone in the 19 class signs. Bet we ask Wes Flanagan’s son to take a walk-on spot if we must.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Chuma has declared, but that's pretty much a "testing the waters" thing. Purifoy has already announced his return, and it sounds like Wiley is going to do the same. Much different from last year, when everyone and their mother considered giving it a go.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
So, what to make of us this year?

Rough around the edges lol. We're sub-par in the half court and don't shoot nearly as well from range as we did last year. We can still run people.

Off to a good start though. Two wins against two quality opponents (especially Davidson, who may be the winner of a four bid conference at season's end), despite not having put it all together quite yet. Ugly game, lots fouls which kept it close until the end game, but a lot of that might have been TV Teddy being TV Teddy.

Buy stock in Isaac Okoro now. This kid is going to be scary good at 3 for us as he comes along. Looked lost on offense in the opener, but dropped 17 last night and has been a holy terror on the defensive end.

Stand by my prediction from last spring. Top half of the conference finish, dancing with the S16 as our ceiling.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Tonight is apparently an early season chaos night in the SEC. We escaped USA with an Okoro basket with 1.5 to go, but with UK losing to Evansville and UTk struggling with Murray State, I am not complaining.
Yeah, I don't know what the heck was going on with the SEC tonight. I'm just going to chalk it up to more parity in college basketball. I agree with your prediction about the SEC tho

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Solid class signed today. 5* 1 Sharife Cooper, 4* 4 Chris Moore and 3* 2 Justin Powell. Still in play for 4* 5 Jaylin Williams and 5* 2 Jalen Green.

Sharife is the highest rated signee we've ever had. May not be for long if we manage to haul in Green.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Solid class signed today. 5* 1 Sharife Cooper, 4* 4 Chris Moore and 3* 2 Justin Powell. Still in play for 4* 5 Jaylin Williams and 5* 2 Jalen Green.

Sharife is the highest rated signee we've ever had. May not be for long if we manage to haul in Green.
Yeah?

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
AUDub didnt you play NM in tournament last year that almost beat you ?
That was NM State, and that was a far better team we faced back in March. 30 wins and they didn't get there by accident. It's why everyone dreads being a 5 seed. It's a matchup between the top notch mid-majors and good but flawed P5 sides. We were the only 5 to escape the opening round last spring, and it took a tremendous amount of luck for that to happen.

This NM team could very well cap 20 wins, but their ceiling is the NIT.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Sharife was a good get for your class. Top 20 player. Not sure if you get Jalen tho, but I've been wrong before.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.