Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Part of the noise with Green is that he may forego college and go straight to professional ball overseas while he auditions for the NBA. Not a bad option.

I saw that too ... we're dealing with something similar in the recruitment with Karim that he may forego and make the jump.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I saw that too ... we're dealing with something similar in the recruitment with Karim that he may forego and make the jump.
You really can't blame the kids for it. I understand why the NBA wants these kids to go to college, but for the true blue chips, just about everything is geared toward them getting to the NBA. Might as well get paid while auditioning.

And even if they don't get to the NBA, there's money to be made in Europe, Asia and South America these days. Go ahead and get started making a living.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Positives: Doughty is morphing into a star before our very eyes. Wiley was nearly unstoppable inside. We can out athlete just about anybody.

Negatives: FT shooting is going to cost us some games going forward. We're still too sloppy with the ball.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
And I'd bet Bama pulls it out. What a fluky game. Ken Pom, usually ultra reliable, had Duke at 1 and SFA at 263.
Saw that. Biggest upset in the kenpom rankings. Might win. This year is going to be tough with no shooters and Oats’ system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Duke loss came down to two things - they played down to the level of their opponent, and they didn't hit their FTs. The lack of hustle in the paint let a team score more than they should against a team with Duke's athletes. That kept SFA in the game. The poor FT shooting down the stretch opened the door. SFA got a break on another late TO and won the game.

Both teams shot okay. Duke had a ton of blocked shots, but turned the ball over about 20 times. So what they did well was undermined by their lack of discipline.

SFA is not a good team. Duke made them look good.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
AUDub your team will go undefeated in OOC.
Looks like we might do that. Remaining non-con is Furman, St. Louis, NC State, Lehigh and Lipscomb, all at home with the exception of the Billikens being in Birmingham.

But it's still really hard to gauge how good we really are until we get into conference play. We haven't played any particularly poor teams, but everyone we've beaten we've been way better athletically. We'll be hard pressed to out-athlete UTk, UK etc.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Furman gave us a hell of a game. Hate long layoffs.
Yep was a good game, testament to you all in sticking with it and getting the win. Honestly going to be a lot of good basketball to go around this year. On a side note, Ohio State is a BEAST, if they stay healthy they may end up being the team to beat. This season is so unpredictable tho ... all of the teams that looked unbeatable early on have already lost at least once. Back on topic, good way to stay in the fight tonight

Reactions: AUDub

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Yep was a good game, testament to you all in sticking with it and getting the win. Honestly going to be a lot of good basketball to go around this year. On a side note, Ohio State is a BEAST, if they stay healthy they may end up being the team to beat. This season is so unpredictable tho ... all of the teams that looked unbeatable early on have already lost at least once. Back on topic, good way to stay in the fight tonight
A weird win. Only hit 4 threes. Even this year where we weren't expected to be a great outside shooting team, that's ice cold.

But it's nice to know we can win in different ways. Driving well, and the inside game is coming along since the light has finally come on for Wiley. He's left bodies in his wake the last 2 weeks. Added bonus, he's improved massively from the stripe, even though we're a poor FT shooting team overall.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.