Final Four discussion thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Final Four discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    MSU is the team that should have the most confidence. Great coach who has been there and knows how to prepare for the final four. That's a big advantage.

Virginia probably has the most "pressure" after what happened last year.

IMO, TT and Auburn have nothing to lose. Fan bases are ecstatic they made to the FF. They are playing with house money, basically.

Concerning Auburn: I thought they were one cold shooting night from getting exposed, but they basically had that night against KY, yet they still won. KY actually helped them a bunch and took and play from our book and couldn't hit a free throw. But Auburn's strength is their guards are basically unguardable. About the quickest I've seen at this level in years. They can get to the rim and score even when they go cold from the outside. And then, Pearl has them playing at such a high intensity that they outscrap everbody with hustle and rebounding and they create some very easy and cheap transition points. After watching them closely the last 2 or 3 games they are going to be a hard out for anybody that's left. The bigness of the moment might get to them in the FF, but I'm not going to be shocked if they win it all. Gulp, that's hard to say.
    I feel you ... this has definitely been a tourney of matchups and UV is one that I think plays more into Auburn favorite as long as they play their game. I'm a huge MSU fan but I won't be surprised to see a TT/Barner matchup for the final, just looking more and more like that kind of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    I feel you ... this has definitely been a tourney of matchups and UV is one that I think plays more into Auburn favorite as long as they play their game. I'm a huge MSU fan but I won't be surprised to see a TT/Barner matchup for the final, just looking more and more like that kind of a year.
    Hope we avoid UVA/TTU in the final. Final score would be something like 40-36 and the fans would be begging to be put out of their misery.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I've seen some pretty hard-core Bama fans who live in Alabama come out and say they are pulling for Auburn in the FF.:
    Not this guy.

Dub walked into work today like

Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

I understand the emotions that result in how one feels about a rival's performance in a particular sport.

The thing is - it's a free country. So root for whoever you want - or not.

It's your call.

With few exceptions - I will always pull for the SEC over any other conference.

But I think we should also acknowledge something - something specific to our forum community. We have AUDub, who as a rival member has been a fantastic contributor. Not only because of his immense passion for the sport(s) we discuss here - but also because he's a high quality person.

That's worth a lot in my book.

Hey....it just means more........

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

The problem just isn't because it is Awbrens. The bigger problem is Coach Murray Goldberg. None, repeat, none of my friends, around the country, not a single one of which has UA ties, none of them can stand Bruce Pearl. To a man, they all despise him, and feel he is bad for the game.

Put them together, and 2 times 2 suddenly becomes a googolplex.
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    The problem just isn't because it is Awbrens. The bigger problem is Coach Murray Goldberg. None, repeat, none of my friends, around the country, not a single one of which has UA ties, none of them can stand Bruce Pearl. To a man, they all despise him, and feel he is bad for the game.

I hear ya. So they don't have to watch - or pull for Auburn - or whatever. No one is forcing them, right?

I don't really care about Pearl, myself. Too busy enjoying the game itself, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post

As I told my soon to be Auburn graduate daughter “I’m happy for the players. If this team was coached by just about anyone else but Pearl, I would probably pull for them. But I can’t. The guy is a weasel going all the way back to his Iowa assistant days.”

My daughter said “I understand. I’ve seen him around campus and truthfully, he gives me the creeps.”

As Deon Thomas’ grandmother told him the first time she met Pearl “a person needs to be who they are. He certainly isn’t who he wants you to believe he is.”

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

After watching how auburn handled three top shelf blue bloods in a row, I don’t think any team left in the field can beat them if they play to their potential.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation All-American Probius's Avatar

I'm pulling for Auburn in the Final Four. I've got a lot of Auburn fans in my family and they are SEC after all. I think Texas Tech is the team to beat, though. I think Texas Tech will win it all.
    “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.” - The Buddha

Formerly Crimson Flyboy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

I’ll take a Texas Tech or Auburn victory happily in a sport that is so often dominated by teams from the East and Midwest.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I’ll take a Texas Tech or Auburn victory happily in a sport that is so often dominated by teams from the East and Midwest.
    Go Red Raiders!
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Dub is a fine poster, but in general the more time you spend around Auburn fans having success, the more you wish to see them lose. They feel the same about us. Plus, I was born in Virginia, so go 'hoos !