Final Four discussion thread

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
To me, the best storyline of the tournament is not Auburn but Virginia. To go from the first #1 seed to lose to a #16 and a year later win it all, that is a heckuva redemption tour. So, Ill be pulling for the Hoos as I have been the whole tournament. They playing Auburn just gives me extra desire to see them win. RTR.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
To me, the best storyline of the tournament is not Auburn but Virginia. To go from the first #1 seed to lose to a #16 and a year later win it all, that is a heckuva redemption tour. So, Ill be pulling for the Hoos as I have been the whole tournament. They playing Auburn just gives me extra desire to see them win. RTR.
Yeah, to me getting back to the final 4 is redemption for them. I've heard people say they need to win it all in order to atone for being the first #1 seed to lose, but I say they've done what they need to do. Virginia's first final 4 since the 80s.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Auburn football and Auburn Basketball are two different things to me.

Auburn Football: There are very very very few occasions that Ive pulled for them, and its usually against Tennessee (I hate them 1000X more times than the barn)

Auburn basketball: I could care less honestly

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How much less?
It really wouldn’t ruin my summer if they win it all. It’s basically how the baseball and softball “rivalry” with them is... just a game. Yeah Auburn fans will flood Facebook and talk about it for awhile but when we whip them on the gridiron what will it matter then? This state is about football and nothing else. Everything else is just an added bonus.

Ftr I’m not cheering for them, but I’m not adamantly against them either. Just want to see 3 great games as a sports fan.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
"Back in November 2018, a bettor wagered $1,500 on the Red Raiders to win the national championship at 200-1 odds at the SuperBook at the Westgate Las Vegas. The ticket would win $300,000. ESPN has confirmed with the SuperBook that the ticket is legitimate."

$1,500 Texas Tech title bet could net $300K
Hope it's not Coach Oats....that would suck! lol

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Auburn basketball: I could care less honestly
The phrase "I couldn’t care less" originated in Britain and made its way to the United States in the 1950s. The phrase "I could care less" appeared in the US about a decade later.

In the early 1990s, the well-known Harvard professor and language writer Stephen Pinker argued that the way most people say could care less—the way they emphasize the words—implies they are being ironic or sarcastic.

Other linguists have argued that the type of sound at the end of "couldn’t" is naturally dropped by sloppy or slurring speakers.

Regardless of the reason people say they could care less, it is one of the more common language peeves because of its illogical nature. To say you could care less means you have a bit of caring left, which is not what the speakers seem to intend. The proper "couldn’t care less" is still the dominant form in print, but "could care less" has been steadily gaining ground since its appearance in the 1960s.

What Should You Do?

Stick with "couldn’t care less." :D

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/could-care-less-versus-couldnt-care-less

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.