New SEC Basketball Coaches

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015
How do you fire Mike Anderson without someone lined up? Their AD is a den of fools.
I think the AD wanted to hire Musselman last week but members of the BOT (who hired Chris Beard at Little Rock) wanted to offer him $6 million per year after Tech got knocked out of the tourney but obviously that never happened lol.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He is 64 years old why would he want to take that job. If I was him I would finish my time in Knoxville.
He will be 65 in July. The hire doesn’t make sense on either end. He just needs to stay there until he is ready to hang it up.

As an aside, he was on Wimp’s staff in the 1985-86 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He might get a bigger check from UCLA, but what would it be worth? Tennessee has no state income tax and the cost of living in Knoxville is much lower than Los Angeles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He may be getting out of Knoxville while he is on top. With all the top notch coaches in the league he could go from #1 to #10 in a hurry.
That's what I was thinking. Plus,Schofield is gone (graduation) while Jordan Bone has declared for the draft. If Grant Williams does the same, UT loses almost 60% of its scoring from this year.

How many would want to replace that with the level of coaching in the SEC compared to the level of play in the PAC-12 right now?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
He may be getting out of Knoxville while he is on top. With all the top notch coaches in the league he could go from #1 to #10 in a hurry.
Or in a "hurrier" if you know his history - so becoming a Uclan to close out his career might not be a bad move. Don't think Tejas will be thinking about ol' Rick taking a victory lap in Austin when Shaka gets shown the door.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Latest report is Barnes is praying over his decision. Apparently, Arkansas even targeted him but was rejected because he wouldn't go to another school in the conference even though money was not an issue with the Arkansas offer.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Latest report is Barnes is praying over his decision. Apparently, Arkansas even targeted him but was rejected because he wouldn't go to another school in the conference even though money was not an issue with the Arkansas offer.
And while Barnes “prays over” his decision, Phil Fumer “preys on” two dozen hot glazed from Krispy Kreme and a quart of chocolate milk.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
IMO he would be an idiot to take that job. That place has been a dumpster fire since Howland got tossed from there.
That's what I was thinking. Plus,Schofield is gone (graduation) while Jordan Bone has declared for the draft. If Grant Williams does the same, UT loses almost 60% of its scoring from this year.

How many would want to replace that with the level of coaching in the SEC compared to the level of play in the PAC-12 right now?
What a lot of people were saying when CNS came to Bama. Barnes may be seeing the same "opening" in LA as CNS saw in UA. A sleeping giant in a conference he could dominate.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
What a lot of people were saying when CNS came to Bama. Barnes may be seeing the same "opening" in LA as CNS saw in UA. A sleeping giant in a conference he could dominate.
Wouldn't be so sure about that, and also don't discount the possibility of Saban's agent pressing analogous mischief charges for any comparison of him to a basketball coach who's won four conference championships (three of those in a conference where he had roughly 82% of the talent on his roster) and had one Final Four appearance, which while one more than 'Bama has in its history, is still one Final Four appearance over his 30-year-career.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.