Georgia Still has a Georgia Problem

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The two outside linebackers give Georgia six players arrested since February 28 and five since the start of spring practice on April 19.
Before anyone starts, I know about glass houses and all of that. Not trying to take a shot at Kirby with this. More about how many thought it was Richt's control of the program that led to players being arrested.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Click

Before anyone starts, I know about glass houses and all of that. Not trying to take a shot at Kirby with this. More about how many thought it was Richt's control of the program that led to players being arrested.
georgia will always georgia. and kirby is 100% georgia.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Kirby didn’t have this problem in TTown , the cops had Crimson bank accounts. Blue font, blue font , blue font

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
It has always been the case in Georgia. Not sure what's up with that. Really. I have no explanation. Different coach, different athletes, same results.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Kirby didn’t have this problem in TTown , the cops had Crimson bank accounts. Blue font, blue font , blue font
And that, I guess, is a joke. There is historic antipathy between the TPD and our athletes. In fact, being identified as a player greatly increases your chances of being arrested. In the six+ years I spent in Tuscaloosa, I worked in town, first as an accountant and then as an income tax examiner for ADOR. I worked alongside Tuscaloosa natives, who were no means all Crimson Tide fans. I was amazed at the time how little most students really knew about the town and who lived almost totally on campus in a "bubble." A few years back, a TPD cop placed an Auburn tag on the front of his cruiser. Eventually, he was pressured to take it off. What's not generally known is that, if he'd gotten away with it, there were a number of other officers who were planning on following his lead...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
And that, I guess, is a joke. There is historic antipathy between the TPD and our athletes. In fact, being identified as a player greatly increases your chances of being arrested. In the six+ years I spent in Tuscaloosa, I worked in town, first as an accountant and then as an income tax examiner for ADOR. I worked alongside Tuscaloosa natives, who were no means all Crimson Tide fans. I was amazed at the time how little most students really knew about the town and who lived almost totally on campus in a "bubble." A few years back, a TPD cop placed an Auburn tag on the front of his cruiser. Eventually, he was pressured to take it off. What's not generally known is that, if he'd gotten away with it, there were a number of other officers who were planning on following his lead...
Thank you for confirming what many of us have suspected for some time. TPD has some guys who might, might, make a special effort to go after the "crimes" of some of UA's athletes, particularly in football.

EnterBama

Scout Team
Oct 24, 2018
When I was there in the 70's arrests and harassment of students got so bad they instituted an informal rule that any student who they wanted to place under arrest required the University Police be called in and they usually took "possession" of the student.

I think a lot of it came to a head during and after the Rolling Stones/Stevie Wonder concert because the TPD made a lot of arrests, mostly pot related, which peod a lot of influential parents.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Yes, Joke. During the Richt years and the many arrests, the popular opinion in the kennel was that Bama players didn’t get arrested because Saban paid TTown police to look the other way!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.