Is Pettway for certain on the staff?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
https://www.al.com/alabamabasketbal...g-at-least-2-buffalo-staffers-to-alabama.html

“They’ve got three really good assistants here (John Pelphrey, Antoine Pettway and Yasir Rosemond) that I’m getting to know pretty well,” Oats said. “I can’t keep them all. I’ll probably keep at least one just to keep some continuity. We’ll figure it out from there. The Final Four, there’s a lot of jobs going around. We’ll see what happens. I’m in the process of sorting through all that.
“The roster’s the most important thing to me right now. Obviously the staff helps with the roster, so I’m getting a feel for the current staff as we go through practice and sorting through recruiting and the roster and then I’ll make some decisions here in the next couple weeks.”
Sounds like it is a wait and see approach.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Good to see Hodgson is a real good recruiter. I think if he keeps Petway and adds another good recruiter we will be bringing in some very good talent to run Oats style.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Good to see Hodgson is a real good recruiter. I think if he keeps Petway and adds another good recruiter we will be bringing in some very good talent to run Oats style.
After the way football ended, I'd rather see an average recruiter and great teacher.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
After the way football ended, I'd rather see an average recruiter and great teacher.
I think that is comparing apples to oranges.

Both need very good recruiting, but if CNO is as good at player developement as he's being billed then I think recruiting is probably more important to the B-ball program from an assistant level than maybe football. That's JMO, but a football team is harder to "teach" than a basketball team if nothing else just due to its size.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
It is being reported that Pettway will be retained. If true, we have Hodgson and Pettway officially on board. Charlie Henry is rumored to be in the mix for the 3rd assistant spot.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
With Antoine and Avery you would have thought ball handling and passing would have been a bigger focus.
We would have thought a lot of things would have been.......................oh, well..................no point in wondering any longer. Yeah, CAJ let us down, big time.

Maybe we should call CAJ "Mike Shula", instead, seeing how it ended (complete with picking our pocket, on the way out the door), which led to hiring CNO.

Now, if CNO turns into a CNS-like coach.....................

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.