Any chance Phil Savage comes back to the Bama Radio Network?

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Re: Phil Savage

I would love him to comeback to do radio. He was fantastic but when he went to work with the AAF he said it was so he could spend more time with family. He tweets regularly that in the past he missed a lot of his kids' events he now gets to see. So, I would not look for him to come back to radio. I can see him in a front office somewhere though.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'd love to have him back, but there was something strange about that whole thing.

Leaves the Alabama color announcing job, and the Senior Bowl job essentially simultaneously, but not to go anywhere else.

Native Mobilian, and ends up with a GM job in a questionable league in Phoenix. Don't know if he moved his family or not.

There's something else to that story. I have no idea what, but the idea of that series of events being voluntary on Savage's part just doesn't pass the smell test.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

From what I remember people saying and what I remember reading... probably not
Not to sure what you are referring to. I sure hated to see him go and would LOVE to have him back on the team. But then again, can't really kick JPW to the curb as he did a decent job in that role last season.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not to sure what you are referring to. .
Mostly articles and sources claiming that he was leaving tasn and senior bowl for personal reasons which many assume means family reasons. But I’ve heard from a few people that have dealings with tasn and the senior bowl that have taken the opinion that 4QBC has in that it wasn’t his choice to leave TASN.

Either way it’s very unlikely that he returns anytime soon if at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.