SC wins in 12, 5-4

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Scored the winning run without a hit. We should have thrown out a runner at 2B, by the ump did not see it that way. Went to 3B, on a wild pitch, and scored on yet another WP.

Game started about as bad as it ended. SC got 2 in the 1st, 2 in the 2nd (we need to find a "Sunday starter"), for a 4-0 lead. We clawed back with 2 in the 3rd, and 2 more in the 5th.

Had plenty of chances to score that elusive 5th run, in the later innings. But, it wasn't our day.

Let a great chance to get on the right track, after last week's debacle, and the hangover loss on Tuesday, go by the wayside.

On to the next game.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Huge missed opportunity to position ourselves in the middle of the pack. I'm not seeing Ras starting for now; let him learn a little more and bring him off the bench. We need two Finnertys and only have one.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Hate to give one away after battling back. Terrific pitching from the bullpen right up until the end. The diving catch by the SC SS in the 11th (I think it was) saved the game for SC.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
We need two Finnertys and only have one.
Most teams in the nation would love to have two Finnerty's but it generally just does not happen.

Still a good weekend for us minus the finale. This roster is competing at home and on the road and that's a good shout out to CBB for getting them ready. Especially since we are the ONLY team NOT ranked in the SEC West. Hopefully we still produce.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
This schedule is just so brutal.

I really wish we had been able to sweep those guys. SEC wins are as hard as hard can be to get, and that was a great opportunity for us.

Well, it's another week this week. Beat Samford!

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
I thought it was a strange decision to go to Randolph in the 12th. He had just thrown something like 40 pitches the game before, and Medders was pitching very well, 0 hits and only 2 baserunners in his 3 innings.

I'll echo the thoughts above. We need to find a Sunday starter, whether it's Freeman, Shamblin, Ras, or someone else. At this point, Sunday games are a guaranteed L cause we're always having to climb out of an early deficit.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.