Game Thread: Auburn vs. UVA...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I just heard a clip from the Auburn radio station. Blaming the refs as usual..lol So unprofessional. At least Charles Barkley is being professional right now.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I thought that was a double dribble, but I can see how the refs missed that.
That’s my problem with basketball refs though, they miss way more then they call. VA was all over AU the whole half and barley got called for anything, worse then that final foul by AU. That double dribble should have been reviewed but no, they didn’t even look.

They “let them play” until well, they don’t. Then they seem to pick on one team. They were letting both teams get away with a lot until the last second when the refs decided to be a part of the out come. That’s my whole problem with b-ball refs, they refuse to be consistent. They call the first 17 minutes completely different than the last 3. So the players can never know what they can and can’t do. That’s why players react like they do, “I’ve been doing that the whole game but now it’s a foul?” It’s infuriating for everyone, we just want consistency.

Anyway, tough way to lose. I wanted AU to win because it was fun seeing my daughter get excited (she’s an AU fan). Now it’s time for Bama basketball to get there, you hear that Oates!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Props to Barkley for manning up and complimenting Va.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
I am at work with crappy internet, so I can't see anything but a still shot. I am guessing that Guy was selling the foul. His form is not right for someone trying to make a three.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Hat tip to Dub for handling himself well after a brutal ending !

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Does the one second joke apply here or do barners only apply that to football? ;)
This was the bball equivalent of the Kick Six... more like the Foul Three. That missed double-dribble was equal to the missed lineman downfield on their tying TD in '13. Things come around.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I just heard a clip from the Auburn radio station. Blaming the refs as usual..lol So unprofessional. At least Charles Barkley is being professional right now.
I listened to the post game just to hear Sonny and Rod whine like a bunch of butt hurt losers they are. Ol’ Rod is almost insufferable. It was pure comedy this time. We were traveling home from a double header. Even my wife, who is not a sports fan, asked me to turn it because they were getting on her nerves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.