Game Thread: NCAA BB Championship Game: Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Monday, April 8, 9:20PM(ET) CBS

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I just don’t like that reversal of possession after Hunter slapped the ball away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsbane

Scout Team
Dec 11, 2008
Helena
First of all... Ouch! that smarts (but in a good way). Second though what is the reference to Avery recruiting NCAA champions since he never had worked in college before... or is he being prophetic perhaps :) . Also, the bbq reference, is that to Pearl's Tennessee days or more recent history?

Ok. Guessing the Avery reference is to Braxton Key. Had no idea that he'd gone to Va.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
First of all... Ouch! that smarts (but in a good way). Second though what is the reference to Avery recruiting NCAA champions since he never had worked in college before... or is he being prophetic perhaps :) . Also, the bbq reference, is that to Pearl's Tennessee days or more recent history?

Ok. Guessing the Avery reference is to Braxton Key. Had no idea that he'd gone to Va.
yep and yep

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

The BBQ is in reference to it being the catalyst for Pearl's three year "Show Cause" from the NCAA for recruiting violations while at UT. Pearl invited high school juniors (and their families) to a cookout at his home, knowing it was a recruiting rules violation to do so. He then proceeded to ask the recruits and their families to lie for him if questioned by the NCAA. When he was question directly by NCAA investigators, he lied to them. He only admitted to the violations and the lies when the NCAA produced a photo of a recruit at his home during the cookout.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You don't like correct calls being made?
I'm surprised they reversed the original call. I thought the standard to overturn was to have "indisputable evidence." The replay suggested he might or could have touched it, but it certainly wasn't definitive. Only way to know for sure was if the ball changed trajectory, which it didn't. So I thought they missed that one.

IndyBison

1st Team
Dec 22, 2013
I'm surprised they reversed the original call. I thought the standard to overturn was to have "indisputable evidence." The replay suggested he might or could have touched it, but it certainly wasn't definitive. Only way to know for sure was if the ball changed trajectory, which it didn't. So I thought they missed that one.
If you want replay to absolutely get everything right you have to accept this level of technicality. It's the price you pay for using technology to officiate a game that isn't black and white. Is it really worth it to go from 97% correct to 98% correct?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.