Game Thread: NCAA BB Championship Game: Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Monday, April 8, 9:20PM(ET) CBS - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: NCAA BB Championship Game: Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Monday, April 8, 9:20PM(ET)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    You don't like correct calls being made?
    I'm surprised they reversed the original call. I thought the standard to overturn was to have "indisputable evidence." The replay suggested he might or could have touched it, but it certainly wasn't definitive. Only way to know for sure was if the ball changed trajectory, which it didn't. So I thought they missed that one.

BamaNation First Team

Re: NCAA BB Championship Game: Texas Tech vs. Virginia - Monday, April 8, 9:20PM(ET)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    I'm surprised they reversed the original call. I thought the standard to overturn was to have "indisputable evidence." The replay suggested he might or could have touched it, but it certainly wasn't definitive. Only way to know for sure was if the ball changed trajectory, which it didn't. So I thought they missed that one.
    If you want replay to absolutely get everything right you have to accept this level of technicality. It's the price you pay for using technology to officiate a game that isn't black and white. Is it really worth it to go from 97% correct to 98% correct?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

"Nice" little segue from headline to story in NY Times today

Virginia’s Historic Defeat Was Fundamental to Its Title

Braxton Key, a transfer, played a vital role in erasing bad memories.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you want replay to absolutely get everything right you have to accept this level of technicality. It's the price you pay for using technology to officiate a game that isn't black and white. Is it really worth it to go from 97% correct to 98% correct?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    No sure I follow (and I know you are an official) but isn't the purpose of replay to overturn the "obvious" missed call?

There will always be "close calls" that literally could be seen both ways. I thought the review of that play was one of those that was so close it could have gone either way. Again, with no definitive proof the call was wrong, I'm confused why they reversed the call rather than sticking with the one called on the floor.